Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BIG FAT GREEN KILLAAAAAAAA!!!

Replies

• konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    pretty rad- biggest beef is the bodies don't really look dead. I mean, yeah they are chooped up torso`s, but I`d imagine them more limp- mainly the heads flopped forward.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    I plan on making the bodies look more dead, just have to get there.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    another update before i go to sleep!!!!! I not sure if I should put helmets on everyone or what. I actually been working on the body on the left side, I'm adding burn marks,scars and etc to all the bodies to breakup the flow. The guy in the middle is the general so i may add some more stuff to him.
    ZBrushDocument-2.jpg
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    this is getting fecking hot
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Hell YA! Monumental improvements, you should be very proud. can't wait to see the texturing start.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    :)thanks for the comments guys.:)
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    Some serious kankels going on hehe. I love his smile. So cheery.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looking good man! The helmets are a good idea, so its hard to tell that the characters are clones of each other (it covers it up, and you can save on texture space by overlaying the uvs). My only crit atm is I think the abdominal and oblique area looks too defined on the corpses to me.

Nevertheless, this is certainly looking a lot cooler now though, well done.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    This looks awesome. You're going to give them the nordic blonde hair, right? In my opinion, that enhanced the innocence of the original concept in an interesting way - that is, instead of decorating its belt with bodies for the fun of it, it's because of their bright ornamental value. The helmets are a nice variation, I like them too.

Total agreement with Brad on the abs.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    Hey everyone, think I'm done with this bastard. I know there are small things I can fix on him but I need to have this done and ready for a job I'm trying to get. I'll pose him prob, Please forgive my white background I just threw this together.Critic this Please!!!!!

6.jpg

final2.jpg
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    White background.....really?

The flesh could look like its decaying more and the General in the middle could look a bit more like a General to me. Smashing job over all though!
  • Loraine Howard iii
    whats_true-I just threw this together sorry for the white background....hahahahhaah. I may do little bit more detail to the bodies. Does any body know a good alpha to fake body corrosion?
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool work. Definitely interesting but I think the flesh looks stretched a bit tight over this character + corpses.

I tend to think a lot of the muscles and flesh on the corpses would be sagging or hanging more limp. The flesh on the character reads as wrinkled and has creases, but it feels like it should fold more.

If you feel like working on this guy some more, try going to a lower sub d and using the move and magnify tools to try and create a more rolling flesh feel on the character.

Although the corpses all look very similar, after you unwrap them, try stretching/skewing/bending them at slightly different angles and muscle proportions. Maybe create various tears at the abdomens by giving that portion unique uv space and alpha mapping.

Good progress! Good luck!
  • Loraine Howard iii
    hey heres a quick pic of his final pose. I will put a final pic of him done up Sunday.

pose.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the arm muscles on the bodies shouldn't be tensed. muscles are like elastic bands, only tought because they're connected to bones at both ends. when a muscle tears/is cut down the middle, they either go very limp, or they retract back to their connections.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    Im done Guys,time to get a job. Thanks for the comments.....Peace:\

scar_Hugepolycount.jpg
    Scars_twosheet2.jpg
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Done!? COLOR MAN, COLOR! Get a diffuse & spec on there. You've already done so much of the hard work, don't quit part way.
  • A.Kincade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    Hey man. This turned out pretty dope. I agree with Tumber in the fact that seeing how long you've spent on this would be almost a shame for you not to texture it. But then again, you've been working on this for a long time and I can see why you'd wanna be done with it. It turned out great as is anyways.

Few crits.... scars? Name could be spiced up a tad imo. Tubs McKenzie or something. :poly121:

Maybe have a little geometry inside the mouth. Very distracting to see through to other side of mesh imo.

I dig the new logo you got going.

Best of luck with the job search. You should not have too much of a prob finding something.