Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfoio] Corey Sauve

hi polycounters,

This is my first post here. Looking for some feedback on the work on my site. Let me know what you think. www.burdenwoe.com I'm trying to break into the industry as a character artist/animator so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Ha ha, pretty cool man (colbert report... nice).

the first couple characters you have there that are textured look pretty solid man, I think your portfolio will be much stronger if you have more completed work like that. But everything else (from the character side) seems like it is lacking some final polish, nothing really jumps out at me.

As for your animations, your mechanical work is really awesome, they seem to have a great feel to them. But the other ones (the humoniod robot) has some great fluid animations at some parts, but then loses some of that at others. Seems kinda rushed at the very end of that short, there is really no weight / fluidity to his movements / actions at all.

I kinda think you should be showcasing your animation first instead of your characters, but I also think you need to clean up some of your work as well, and try and get some final polish on them.
  • lefix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lefix polycounter lvl 11
    i think your work is pretty good. no crits :)
    i don't really like this flash viewer thing tho, which seems to be not working correctly for me btw. i would prefer a simple html version or maybe a lightbox version for a portfolio.
    and you may want to put your name and url in the bottom corner in case people save your images, or link them somewhere. so whoever sees your work knows how to contact the artist.
  • Tillman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you have very nice work burdenwoe
  • burdenwoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    jasonLavoie: The short film(last 2 animations after Colbert) and the last 3 models are older work and so are less refined. I debated adding them to the site but thought they were good enough. I might add an "old work" label around those works just so people know it doesn't represent what I can do now. I'll probably replace them altogether as I create new work.

Lefix:Sorry the site isn't working quite right for you. Af ew others have mentioned similar difficulties so I'll look into an alternative.

Thanks again guys.