Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - DemonPrincess

Replies

• AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    I find the candles much more interesting. Dunno if it should have a foot though, if I'm reading the concept right. Feels more like an enviroment prop rathar than a weapon. Perhaps make it more like a staff?
    Just my 2 cents. Good luck on the modelling!
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i agree about the candelabra, reads more prop now, play with the proportions and maybe let it come to a blunt end like a staff, always like staves with candles, and i feel like candle wax would be a joy to sculpt.

-Woog
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Hmmm... somehow I think she is too human, she a little bit too much Kat von D+horns+hooves*gothic. Don't get me wrong, I really like the concept+character, its just not dominance warry enough in my opinion. Your model from last year was great and had a perfect execution, I just think it's a shame you don't apply that perfect execution to a more challenging character.

Sorry for polluting your topic with this negativity. Just remember everyone here is here to help and to push you further up that 3L1T3 artist hill! :D
  • Vredesbyrd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ha ramons twin sister
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    This is really awesome, reminds me a bit of pin-up artist Coop's stuff. ( http://www.coopstuff.com/products/category/original_artwork/ ). He does a lot of um...buxom ladies. ;) Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, keep it up!
  • Wendy de Boer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    kwakkie wrote: »
    Hmmm... somehow I think she is too human, she a little bit too much Kat von D+horns+hooves*gothic. Don't get me wrong, I really like the concept+character, its just not dominance warry enough in my opinion. Your model from last year was great and had a perfect execution, I just think it's a shame you don't apply that perfect execution to a more challenging character.

Sorry for polluting your topic with this negativity. Just remember everyone here is here to help and to push you further up that 3L1T3 artist hill! :D

You would be correct, it's a simpler approach so I don't have to work till 3 o' clock every single night. Last year I practically killed myself doing the DW, this year I'm definitely not going to do that. I rather finish something simpler. It's not like I stand a chance at placing anyways. :poly128:
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    /slap!!!

everyone has a chance! (and since you are with PC you have chance+1!!) good call on not staying up untill 3 ... I've been doing that since this contest started and I'm not sure how much longer I can survive on 4-5 hours of sleep per day.

Nice work so far. Don't get discouraged -- you'll end up with something real nice as long as you stay on track and stick to your guns. Go go go!