Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - rv_el

Replies

• clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    btw, where are you going to put the polycount logo on?
  • WarNoodle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WarNoodle polycounter lvl 17
    yeah. give some gills to the polycount logo and maybe place it on the shoulder pad? but yeah, give it like 2-3 slits on each side of the logo. Would add a lot of character to it. :D Great work man! looking tight!
  • rv_el
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys! Glad your digging it. That gives me some good motivation. I've been having some ups and downs with it.... Its hard to keep up with some of the crazy demons out there. The whole Ice thing is going to be tough.

Clee101: Ya know i had sooo many places to put the logo but every time the character changed i would have to re-think it. And its changed around a lot. So now i'm just kinda trying to, uh.. have something.... And then i'll figure it out. I was thinking of having it cut out of the kelp strap stuff.

The back armor is a crab shell and its a crab arm for defense. Crab stuff is fun to sculpt.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    What? I'm only just seeing this?

Great stuff! A very fleshy look underneath would look great, maybe even some octopus type suckers or something too.
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Hey dude...great work!!!!! You really pulled this off as I was a bit on the fence with the initial concept. If I were you I'd just dump the crab arm or scale it back a bit as it seems to be fighting the tentacle arm. Instead I'd really play up that tentacle arm...sooo classy!
    B
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    sweet man.. keep going!!!1!
  • onelung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onelung polycounter lvl 18
    back to the sea creatures for you! lookin cool man, really like the rib cage gills. Giant claw is looking neat, though i can't really tell whats happening there. Looking forward to the next update.
  • garagarape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garagarape polycounter lvl 9
    Wow! I wouldn't dare tell him he is a sissy.
    He Looks very powerfull. Great work.
    I like the waves under his feet.
    Will you develop this idea for you pedestal?
    Can't wait to see more.