Home General Discussion

TF2: Scout Update

Replies

• bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    cep wrote: »
    The scout is a short ranged class, do you expect him to have some sort of rifle. Scouts are lucky they can stun the enemy across the battlefield. I don't play scout often, but every class requires you to adapt, it is evident you have not for the scout.

If anything I'd go out on a limb and say he's over powered now ( I can't tell being that most teams consist of 8+ scouts)

trust me dude ive played enough hours to know what im talking about. I can cap points like a mofo with scout, but when it comes time to kick ass n take out the trash thats when its time to switch classes. Whats the sense in "adapting" when theres other better offensive classes out there to choose from? Chirst I get more kills as a medic than I do scout! Theres no way the scouts overpowered now. They serve a purpose in certain specific situations, but in general they are a weaker class. Whens the last time you saw a scout take out a level 3 sentry for instance? Even an ubered scout cant take out a lvl3! Like I said when its time to make a quick grab for a point thats when Ill switch to scout, but once the other team starts building sentries, forget it...you're fucked!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Scouts can do anything except take out a sentry. Even if scouts couldn't cap points I'd use em.
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    EricV wrote: »
    trust me dude ive played enough hours to know what im talking about. I can cap points like a mofo with scout, but when it comes time to kick ass n take out the trash thats when its time to switch classes. Whats the sense in "adapting" when theres other better offensive classes out there to choose from? Chirst I get more kills as a medic than I do scout! Theres no way the scouts overpowered now. They serve a purpose in certain specific situations, but in general they are a weaker class. Whens the last time you saw a scout take out a level 3 sentry for instance? Even an ubered scout cant take out a lvl3! Like I said when its time to make a quick grab for a point thats when Ill switch to scout, but once the other team starts building sentries, forget it...you're fucked!

Who's the only one to be able to effectively stop a uber attck? The scout with his Sandman.
    Who's the only one to be able to flick god mode on for a couple seconds? scout via bonk
    There's a problem with your play style if you're getting more kills as a medic, or you're more experienced/skilled in one class more then the other.

You have to keep in mind certain maps favor scouts.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    I love scouts. Really missing the TF2.

Usually do okay with the pistol at range, so long as you are tricky and keep running. And the other person's aim sucks. And you can... sort of go after turrets. Maybe. If you're stupid, and try to outrun their turn speed.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    well, been using force of nature for a bit now. My opinion is that my kill rate is about the same. maybe a tad less then it is with the normal shotty. Fast reload is nice. Triple jump I dont really use..
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep wrote: »
    Who's the only one to be able to effectively stop a uber attck? The scout with his Sandman.
    Who's the only one to be able to flick god mode on for a couple seconds? scout via bonk
    There's a problem with your play style if you're getting more kills as a medic, or you're more experienced/skilled in one class more then the other.

You have to keep in mind certain maps favor scouts.

pyro with compression blast can effectively stop an uber. Also a few well timed detonated stickies below an ubercharged will blow the medic apart from the uber-ee. God mode with bonk? Thats an exaggeration. My play style is awesome, thats why I choose not to play with scouts in most situations. I would say lumberyard definitely favors scouts, or possibly some custom maps Ive never played. Scouts are shitty in most cases, end of story
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Pyro turns scouts into crispy chicken, and that's about it. Long live the backburner!
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    EricV wrote: »
    pyro with compression blast can effectively stop an uber. Also a few well timed detonated stickies below an ubercharged will blow the medic apart from the uber-ee. God mode with bonk? Thats an exaggeration. My play style is awesome, thats why I choose not to play with scouts in most situations. I would say lumberyard definitely favors scouts, or possibly some custom maps Ive never played. Scouts are shitty in most cases, end of story

Im betting you play on 32 instaspawn servers? You can bounce around a dumb uber team, or maybe send one of them flying. But a experienced pair wont let that happen. Yet the scout can halt both fire, and mobility.
    If you are playing for just kills, scouts the wrong class. I agree with you, now stop playing him that way!
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha k....yeah mostly full servers with fast respawn...thats how I likes it. I dunno man, even the best of experienced uber teams cant do much gainst some compression happy blasting pyros. Throw some lvl3 sentries in there and forget it. 1 team no matter how experienced is getting thru....at least 2, or 3 co-ordinated uber rushes on the other hand will do much better.