Home Technical Talk

[Maya] Questions about animation!

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sama.van polycounter lvl 14
I continu my noobs question list about animation on Maya!

1 - Do you know how to copy a full animation from a full skeleton... to the same skeleton in another scene? (bones aresame names&properties... etc...)
For exemple : is there a way to save the animation easly in a special file and reimport in in Maya? I remember it was quite easy in 3dsmax 5.0 with the basic program!!

2 - Do you know a cool tools on Maya for creating Quadriped character like dog or other animals...? and possibility to move bones for change articulation position?

3 - Is there something like character studio like 3dsmax in Maya?

4 - Do you know a cool tools for this kind of animation?
I means export my 3D in another program, use this new program... and success to export the result in Maya 8.5? Maybe there is program for only 3D animation?

Thank you by advance!!

PS : If you know any plug ins for quadriped animation with 3dsmax or maya Maya, please contact me with MP... if the way for get it is not really official and safe... I really really need it soon and possible T_T

Replies

• ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    1. Use a character-set and TRAX-clips for this.

3. What exactly in character-studio are you looking for. Are you looking for pre-made rigs, I'm sure there's rigs to download. If it's an option for you I would recomend looking at Motion builder.

4. Motion builder.