Home Technical Talk

2nd UV set in max 2009

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
DInusty polycounter lvl 17
hey guys does anyone know why when i switch to the second uv set to make it all that happens is it says 2. it doesn't actually make the second UV set? i didn't have this problem with other versions of max but seems to be showing itself in 2009. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    You have to click the reset uv button when you switch ebtween uv-channels. It´s a feature apparently.

Had the same issue.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just ran into this one, and had to be told how to 'use' this 'feature'.
    You need to click reset uvw everytime you swap channels.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a feature I don't like and it's wiped out one or both of my layouts before so I stopped using just one modifier. I now handle it by adding a second UnwrapUVW modifier and setting it to 2. Need to change 1, drop down to the first, need to work on 2, use the top. Don't forget that you can save and load UV channels.

You can also right click the modifier and rename them, I like to put a 1 and 2 after each name.

Also if you need to view/delete a UVChannel go to Tools > Channel Info. The UV channels are called 1:Map 2:map ect... (toward the bottom) highlight the unwanted channel and click clear. You can also add a "UVW Mapping Clear" modifier. You'll probably need to collaspe the stack afterward.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    this (insert four letter word of your choice) has been introduced in max2008 if i recall right. genius! auto-facepalm!
    perfect for confusing people who otherwise seem quite experienced with the program.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    LOL.

Gawd. I made it a point to save out my UVs when adding a second channel.
  • DInusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DInusty polycounter lvl 17
    this is horrible.... alright well thanks guys i thought i was going crazy from to much computer time with the 3dzz