conte polycounter lvl 18
    what's that for?)
    keep up!
  • TNO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNO
    this is for my portfolio
    I am now trying to make an arm and a hand (Basemesh)

lowquality%20base%20mesh%20Arm%2Bhand.jpg
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Can you tell us what you're trying to do? It would help us help you :)
    It looks like you're making a mannequin?

Crits:

The fingers on that hand need some work, the lengths are incorrect and they're oddly shaped, they shouldn't get thicker towards the end. The thumb is bending unnaturally, think about where the joints are, and use your own hand as reference as much as possible.

The stomach area looks anorexic, the bellybutton shouldn't stick out like that, and the abs are too defined.

Keep it up!
  • DockRock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DockRock polycounter lvl 8
    Are you using a reference for your woman? And what modelling program are you using to model all of this?
  • TNO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNO
    thanks for the comments :-)

I´m trying to make a nice looking and relaxing woman on a sofa

what you see is in Blender
    just the Arm/Hand was made in Zbrush
    ( I think that I have to rebuild the hole Arm :-( )
  • okno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This thread has lots of good anatomy ref links
  • TNO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNO
    nice reference pages:-)
    changed the body a bit is it more natural now?
    (I will make the arm per poly by poly )

cache_1087480412.jpg?t=1231018392
  • BuCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi.
    It's been said, but you need a lot more anatomical references to help your proportions. Just putting ortagonal images of proportion next to your mesh would help you a lot.

Another tip is to study the muscles and bones as you're building the form. Where do they attach? What's their function? This will help you get a more realistic model. Here's an example of what I mean;

The sternocleidomastoidius is a very important muscle to get right as it gives a lot of form to the neck. You've correctly modeled it from the mastoid process (below the ear) but missed where it attaches somewhat. It's an easy mistake to make, since it splits in two heads and attaches to the clavicle bone both right above the sternum and further to the side.

I marked the muscle as you've built it in black and the rough form of it in red to illustrate;

katiakrperwipcz5.jpg

These slight misplacements of anatomy quickly makes a realistic model look a bit unhuman. If you want to research this in depth I suggest you buy Paul Richers book "Artistic anatomy".

BuCC - a bit of an anatomy nut :poly124:
  • TNO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNO
    thanks for the advice :-) i looked in a book from Burne Hogarth and some pictueres in the internet for the sternocleidomastoidius
    I hope it looks better now
    cache_1087764712.jpg?t=1231081208
  • BuCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks much better IMO ;) Hoggarth is a good reference.

Some other simular details you could have a look at. Note that this is just my personal oppinion, I might very well be wrong;

* Muscles/bones of the face/head. The eyes are a little bit to centered maybe, the widest part of the scull is above the tempels, the top of the nose bone looks like it could come in a bit at the top (or the brow could come out?) to give it a little more form, and the chin looks like it could use some tweaking, as does the zygomatic bone.

* The side of the body. Try studying how the serratus anterior and the external oblique shape the side to get the area a little less flat. The outline looks good ATM, but there's somewhat of a lack in detail. Another very minor thing to look at is how the rectus abdominis (belly) looks in profile. If the subject is as fit as yours are they're probably not that flat.
  • TNO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNO
    wow you know many muscles
    i changed the muscles of the body
    cache_1088521112.jpg?t=1231175003
    I´m not sure at tweaking the face :-(