Home Technical Talk

Why are my render to texture maps so screwed up

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Billabong polycounter lvl 15
Im trying to render to texture my my high tire to a low one, but the treads on the maps looks as if its overlapping and I cannot figure out why. Ive tried using local,world and screen, but nothing works. Its on the outer part of the tread. I uploaded an image to photobucket, but was to big to put in here so I added the URL to it instead.

Thanks for any help you guys can give

Replies

• jgibz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jgibz polycounter lvl 16
    I'm not sure what u mean by overlapping, but your low poly cage looks a bit big, maybe check your ray distance options (I assume max has these options) or scale the cage down.

Hope this helps...
  • Psixos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does the overlapping show up on the low poly tire? Just hazarding a guess here, try making your low poly conform the high poly a little more, it appears from the screenshot that there's lots of loose space between the two. Then reset your cage, tick shaded under the cage rollout and push until clear. The ray miss hit checkbox should be ticked in the RTT options and should enable you to trace where the problem lies, you can always untick it when you do your final bake.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Does your lowpoly have smoothing groups? Try applying smoothing group 1 to the whole low-poly mesh, then re-bake.