Home General Discussion

Exam Procrastination

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Smirnoffka polycounter lvl 17
Yep, you heard it folks, its exam time again for me.

However, I have an exam tomorrow and have done very little study for it, and have spent a lot of my time procrastinating on these boards.

I'm not too worried, I need 6/50 on the exam to pass the course, then I have another exam on saturday that I have already passed the course for, so things are looking pretty cruisy.

Tuesday week I've got the shittest, and last, exam on dynamics. I need a whopping 40% on that one.

Still, I should be studying more, damn you guys.

These are the last 3 exams I have, btw, before I get back flying full time on pilots course, so generally, I will be pretty happy to see the end of them.

If any of you have any words of wisdom on how to study when you have no motivation, that would be hot too.

Haha, Oh My God, I'm a loser..

Replies

• East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I say cram if you feel it's actually gonna do you any good; for me, by the end of college, I never bothered 'studying' for tests the night before or anything like that, at least for classes that had those kinds of tests. I approached it more with an attitude of "if I don't know what I need to know for this test already, trying to force it onto my brain right before I need it isn't going to work". This actually lead to me being more involved and paying closer attention to the actual classes themselves, which in turn meant I was more prepared for the tests when they occurred.
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    You can probably find stuff on places like Lifehacker.com and other Get Things Done blogs. I normally "just do it" if it needs to be done.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Just think how good it'll be doing flybys over your lecturers' houses.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Well the hardest part is starting. LOL Do some exercise and see if that motivates you. If not go find yourself a lady and go party. That always works. If you can't get 40 % you have issues. :D

I had a teacher in school that used to say you remember more of what you study if you take study a little at a time and take breaks and come back to it several times. To be honest once I start I don't stop and once I say stop that's it... I just read the shit, like it were a novel and make mental notes of what I think the instructor would ask. This didn't work to well in a lot of classes though at the University since a lot of professors did trick questions instead of trying to teach... But whatever, good luck.
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Pfff, just read a couple of pages from the book the day before the exams.

That's how I passed my finals.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    pfffftt - i've got 2 end of year essays - and two major assessment pieces to hand in by friday..........and i'm the fkkn procrastinator master, right now i'm making a lemon merangue pie......

oh god kill meeeee.....

that's if my head doesn't explode or i self-combust from the stress...
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahaha, where about are you achmed? ANU or UC?
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Wait what? You just said you can fail the three tests and still pass the classes! Why even care then? Go party!
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, thanks for the comments guys.

Hehe, Yeah, I can fail them, but trust me, the 40% in dynamics is hard, well for me.

I guess my mind doesn't really work 'dynamically'.

Anyway, 1 exam down, didn't do that well, but I am pretty sure I got the 12% I required. :D Not another one till saturday, and Melb Cup tomorrow, so should be good :)
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    Smirnoff - i'm @ ANU, meh i'm wayyy over it.
    good luck with ya next exam -you'll have time to study for this one :P
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    the school dredge is sucky, it takes years to get off the need to procrastinate.