Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Star Wars : Aayla Secura (big picz insidez)

Replies

• Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Vahl, as if you need any more pats on the uh. . . back. . . that's a beautiful piece.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    wow.... more poses and renders please! Great work she turned out super!
    (how old is she?)
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Fantastic work dude. Just love how the spec is working.

If I'd give a critic (after studying it a lot) would be the wrists/hand transition. There is something funny there, with such small little finger.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    The eyes are prolly some of the better ones I've seen, meaning that they look alive,
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks a lot everyone, I'm glad you guys like it, I'll try to see if I can fix the commented areas on the final render, and I'm trying to find a different pose/angle to render too.
    I pushed this render more because every competition I enter (read DWs) I always end up with crappy renders and average presentation, so I thought is was time to pay more attention to all this.

I'm glad you guys like the eyes too, I experimented with different techniques and ended up finding something that worked, which I guess I'll try to reuse for my other characters.

and once again I would like to thank 8monkey labs for their awesome realtime engine :)

Xaltar : I learnt zbrush on my own over a weekend, posted a thread in the tech talk section a little while ago, guess it's just a matter of forcing yourself to work with it and get the same results you would get with mudbox, which I didn't find really hard, still don't understand the problems people have switching from mud to Z, really, if a retarded slow ass like me could do it, anyone can.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    MORE!!

I think what I like the most is how the Vray render of a game-friendly asset like this looks just like a heavy displacement mapped mesh usually used in prerendered cinematics. Great!
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for the reply Vahl. I guess I just gotta get off my ass and learn the shit. Messing about with the mud 09 trial atm but so far there is nothing there that I really use that isn't already in mud 1.

Looking forward to seeing more renders of this. Inspirational work.
  • Sith Happens.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sith Happens. polycounter lvl 18
    Hey polypost! Good stuff Vahl, youv'e gotten my critics already, so ill just give ya a a big congrats! Lets see another pose/ full body render now ftw. ;)
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Wow vahl, impressive....most impressive!

Personally I never liked that character/alien race in star wars. I always thought it was lame from Jabba's Palace to the Jedi getting assasinated in Revenge of the Sith. Once I saw this, it revived my excitement for Star Wars, and made me think of the old days, when I watched 4, 5, and 6 when i used to draw growing up. You have sucessfully changed my mind with this piece of work. I tip my cap to you! And thank you!!!!!
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    this is fantastic!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    well YA!, i love it dude. its a very nice sculpt, I love the textures,

Its good work!

I DIG!
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    gorgeous work vahl! you knocked the beauty render out of the ballpark, this is the level of presentation i'd love to see on your DW3 model.