Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Unearthly Challenge | heffer | Planet Glume

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
heffer polycounter lvl 12
Here is the original concept I have chosen...

8_GlassDesert.jpg

I decided to alter the concept somewhat and use colors more akin to this...

9GlassDesert.jpg

I have also chosen for more of a Sci-Fi and futuristic look, and the scene will probably take place on a foreign planet. So I put together some references based on that idea...

otherrefscopy.jpg

Finally, here I have a general block out of the environment with basic lighting in Maya...

blockOut.jpg

More to come this Thursday the 30th ...

Replies

• Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    looks pretty sexy thus far
  • heffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some WIP shots...

In this WF/Shaded screen capture I have put a lot of modelling details on the buildings. Those tubes you see will be given a semi-transparent shader to give the effect of exhaust from flying air ships.

WIP4.png

Texturing has begun. The red lights are meant to make the structures look menacing and evil.
    UC_WIP1.png

Most of the ground will be covered with fog but I still want to put a good effort into the rocks/ground area. Diffuse maps are applied here to everything, but only the rocks have specular maps. I might add a spec map to the ground later on.

UC_WIP2.png

More to come soon...
  • heffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some new updates today. The spaceship design and texturing is complete. I may change the color later on however. The UVs on the "wings" are tiled more to show a separation of design from the center body.

spaceShip2.jpg

Spaceship exhaust made from a ramp shader in Maya...

spaceShip.jpg

Buildings are currently being textured and lit at the same time. Here are a few.

buildings1.jpg

Using maps in the incandescence slots on some of the materials really help to add unique patterns in a dark environment. This is a shot from one of the camera views.

wipcopy.jpg