Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mistress of Pain

I decided to work off of a concept, and at the time, I was really excited about the Diablo 3 Announcement, so I choose one of those. I went with the Mistress of Pain concept. I originally was going to do a more 'beautiful' face with a headdress (like in another concept) but it looked kinda plain, so I added the crazy mouth...kinda like venom's.

Concept:

ss52-hires.jpg

Renders

MistressofPain_Render.jpg

MistressofPain_Realtime.jpg

MistressofPain_textures.jpg

Replies

• Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    Comparing to the concept your legs arent too accurate. The end points for the legs look like stone on your finished model while on the concept it looks like metal. Also the beginning joint for the legs look more like sausages than what they look like in the concept. It looks pretty good otherwise I think.
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    Ahh man thats pretty cool, only crit is the leg connection isn't quite how it follows in the concept art, and its a while lotta blue green.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    take away the pupils, give her black eyes like in the concept.
  • Aldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The end points for the legs look like stone on your finished model while on the concept it looks like metal.

Do I fix this in the spec color, or spec level maps? Or do I add a glossy map and make that part higher gloss so it has a sharper highlight?
    only crit is the leg connection isn't quite how it follows in the concept art, and its a while lotta blue green.

I'm not sure what you mean the leg connection isn't how it follows in the concept...do you mean how they look like sausages? or do you mean how the legs are connected to the body? If so, do you think there are only 2 bends to the leg? like they're all connected to the top? cause that's something I wasn't too sure about when I started. Also, for reasons unknown, when I started texturing, I assumed that she was lit blue green, and that her skin isn't actually blue green but more human like(because even in the gold parts, it's tinted blue/green).....but now, I think maybe her skin might actually be blue green...not sure.

Will fix the eyes.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    pretty good work man though i would go darker with the textures try to bring out more colors\shades
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey man only crit other than the eyes not being all black is the hands look a bit neglected. in the concept her sleves are tighter and her arms bulky with knobby knuckled claw like hands.
  • Generalvivi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Generalvivi polycounter lvl 14
    very nice model! looks great :)
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey one more thing i just noticed, there is a ton of geometry on the little front arms u could probably bring the pcount down by quite a bit by getting rid of some loops in there or merging some verts in certain places.

gl

-Woog