Home General Discussion

You know what really grinds my gears???

Replies

• TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    "A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

You know what really grinds my gears?

Being that guy...
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz wrote: »

Chauvanisitc men. :D
    Hey, I'm far from chauvanistic. I'm stating hard facts of life here, not voicing dicey opinions on gender inequalities.
  • WickedFingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think we've started to get off track with what this thread was supposed to originally be about. Oh well...

Looking forward to eating cereal only to find out the milk has been cashed. Or worse someone who leaves like 1/2 a cup of milk in the container and places it back in the fridge!!

People who insist on carrying on a conversations with their face less than a foot from yours, as if personal space never existed or doen't apply.

Gleekers! Sometimes they even inturrupt in the middle of a conversation to inform you that they have "Gleeked" on you. Then reach their hand out as if they are doing you a favor and rub it into your clothes to make it "go away".

Trying to pee in the toilet while you have a boner (This is an art and takes many years to master).

People who go to a movie and ask "did you see that"... No I paid my ticket to count how many chairs were in the theatre!!!

That guy in the left lane who continues to slowly move forward into the intersection never stopping but still waiting for an opening to turn... The traffic hasn't opened up a gap yet but he's still moving forward towards opposing traffic.

Surveys and sale pitches calling my personal cell phone as if I left a message for them to call back... WTF!

But most of all... I HATE POPPED COLLARS & THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    - people who don't think Peggle is an awesome game

I can agree on that, Peggle for president!!!!
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    'hyper-realistic' art.
    Point in case? Denis Peterson's shit:
    http://paintalicious.org/wp-content/uploads/denis_peterson/denis_peterson_17.jpg
    http://www.denispeterson.com/yellow%20submarine.jpg

Those could have been photograpsh printed onto canvas. Why praise all these wankers who re-create the Mona Lisa with masterfully arranged coloured flecks of dust? Doing something the hard way doesn't make something art. Just get a fucking camera and try to take some decent pictures, eh?

Only problem with that is, you probably wouldn't be able to sell photographs printed onto canvas for millions...
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Damnit Pea, now Denis Peterson is grinding my gears...

"My new work has evolved into a more advanced photographic genre which I have termed Hyperrealism. It is a more extreme form of photorealism in altering viewer perception through an illusion of actual reality, as opposed to merely reflecting a photograph as a representation of reality.

In short, hyperrealism is an optically convincing, altered reality that challenges the verisimilitude of perception and illusion. As a counter culture school of painting, Hyperrealism incorporates an existential frame of reference: in my new work, it is POP culture. "

I also wonder if he decently pays the homeless people he paints...
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    "A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

Being that guy...

Don't I FRIKKIN know it. hhahaha...
  • super_villain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    super_villain polycounter lvl 11
    People who slow down to 4 or 5 mph when they are still a block away from the red light.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To tie into that fail to get into the center turn lane then slow down. Instead they almost come to a dead stop while still in traffic, then with the last few rotations of their tires inch into the center turn lane...
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    oh don't get me started on traffic gripes

although i will add my latest bugbear, since it seems to be a new fashion :

people who think they're in a formula 1 car and slew left before turning righ, or vice versa. Which wouldn't be a problem if they didn't do it in a turn lane. One of the dumb cunts very nearly took me out the other night as i passed on the right
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Gah!!! Driving!
    People who never signal. Really, is it REALLY so hard?
    That's all very well that you're about to be a jerk and cut me off, but could you at LEAST signal first so that I'll know and not almost get into a horrible car accident?

Wasn't really referring to you, Talon :P
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    -People who thrive on drama.
    -Sitting on the couch with a date and having her dog or cat cock block me by taking all her attention and snuggling in her lap.
    -people who think that no one understands their pain
    -Being hungover at work.
    -Parents who think the world revolves around their children, don't be a bad driver and think your "baby on board" sign gives you the right of way, and don't put those damn "children at play" standup plastic child-shaped things along the sidewalk in front of your house
    -Sarah Palin's voice, someone tell that bitch to STOP TALKING
    -special interest groups that get so gung ho about their cause they start bitching about stupid shit, ex:yes PETA, if a bear attacks me and I'm able to kill it, don't bitch at me
    -that my auto insurance has a flat rate increase that hikes up my price the same amount if its a minor accident or a huge deadly pileup.
    -that my english heritage pale pink skin turns bright white in photos
    -women who selfishly want a baby but don't mind if a father isn't around to raise the child
    -artists with big egos
    -people who don't socialize because they hate other humans and only like people like themselves
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    I forgot to mention that I absofuckinglutely hate people who:

use "like" "and" "um" "and so" "you know what I mean" to fill in gaps of their ability to THINK AND COMMUNICATE CLEARLY.

I know someone who keeps using every one of those because he can't shut the fuck up for ONE SECOND and think about what he's going to say.

He does it SO badly that after a minute, you have no goddamn idea what he was talking about because only 1 in every 5 words actually needed to be said and had something to do with what he wanted.

so and, um, you know that thing I wanted you to do? like, I want it like this and uh, like this needs to be more like that and like, umm... we don't want this, like cause it's bad, you know what I mean?

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWK

had to get that one out. :P
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    ebagg wrote: »
    -people who don't socialize because they hate other humans and only like people like themselves

someone else not socializing grinds your gears? that's really weird.
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Sitting next to people whose breath smells like rotting milk and need to have their face less than a foot away from you when they say something, and their breath just permeates the air your trying to breath.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    -people who think 10 edges is enough to make a wheel look round.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    -living in a county that makes it illegal to own a hedgehog as a pet. >_<
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    you know what I really hate is when every time I'm not driving, the person that is driving doesnt understand the need to look foward and please for the love of god, give some space in between you and the car in front! Save lives people and if your going to dance and drive at the same time at least pay attention to whats going on in front of you!

Another thing that really pisses me off is when you take something thats already been made and you try to change the medium and you don't have a freaking clue about it in the first place! Thanks for fecking up max payne(the movie). Where the hell was the bullet time and what the feck was going on with the angels? Was this in the second game?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    dejawolf wrote: »
    -people who think 10 edges is enough to make a wheel look round.
    People who waste precious, precious edges on rounding out wheels and other such fripperies.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    someone else not socializing grinds your gears? that's really weird.

I'm talking about people who I have dealt with that have some superiority complex, where they rarely socialize, and when they do they come off as obnoxious because they're talking down to everyone.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Inlaws
    Owning loads of property whilst being eternaly broke because of inlaws thinking they know how to manage my money....
    The wifes family inviting themselves over and waking up the baby
    Learning 3d on my own
    Trying to get crits on PC :P
    Always having to do what everyone else wants
    Living in a country where almost no one speaks english
    As a result of the language issue, having no friends to hang out with
    Anything that wakes up my daughter
    Egomaniacs
    "Intelectuals" with more education than common sense
    College kids who think they know what real life is
    TROLLS
    Immature kids on PC that beg for crits then cry when they are given
    Religious propaganda
    Visas
    Stupid people that think they are smarter and better than me when obviously not
    People who actually are smarter than me :P
    Meh, more things piss me off than make me happy, its called life.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xenobond: they're actually a lot of work to have as pets, it seems. There's a huge chance they'll get ill, for one, if what I've read is correct.
    signed,

another huge (HUGE) hedgehog lover.

I once lost my glasses while helping a hedgehog cross the road when I was drunk. I melt when I see one.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Xaltar wrote: »
    Inlaws

Quoted for motherfucking truth.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    * Dealing with the horror-movie that goes on underneath 3DSMax's hood.

* I get heartburn all the time.

* I reek of producer. No amount of showering can get the stink off.

* I hate meetings.

* I secretly (no so secret anymore!) wish for a bazooka so I can point at my head and leave nothing to chance.
  • Darth Tomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth Tomi polycounter lvl 12

Being that guy...

Second that....
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yeah, totally. Having someone who pretends to be a good friend, but then having it turn out they want more is such a fucking drag.

Wait, were you guys talking about something else?

(It's a joke, guys. Don't plot to kill me)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    people who go slow while merging onto the highway. thats about it.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    that max keeps crashing cause I run out of virtual memory...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Time to clear off a few gigs on your C drive then...
  • Nysuatro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    People who don't have respect for other people?
  • Darth Tomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth Tomi polycounter lvl 12
    Or how about companies that post a job that you're exactly qualified for, apply for, go on a round of interviews for, they turn you down with some excuse like "the jobs been put on hold", then about 2 weeks later post the same job again, you try to contact them about it but get no response and six months later said job is still being posted. (roll eyes here)
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    that means the applicants werent good enough.