Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
    kite.... pure win!!
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Your models have ALWAYS had an immense amount of personality. Love them to my hearts extent!
    Sorry if youve said this before, but are these going to be highpolies foreva?
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demoncage polycounter lvl 18
    Killer shit! especially dig the "patient". Polypaint?
  • kite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite polycounter lvl 17
    ruz, martin, asmuel, EQ, wizo, Johnnyraptor, shepeiro, b1ll, rollin, KP, stimpack, bitmap, gavku, imb3nt, josh, caseofchill, mangled poly - thanks everyone!

drillerkiller - yeah i usually leave it as one piece for as long as possible so it's easy to refine the proportions

Quokimbo - yeah she is really similar, the mad max 2 good guy palette has kind of been stuck in my head for the nurse character

kawe - yeah good point, he'll have some sort of head/dental brace i think and really bad dentition. Also maybe strapped to a chair. I'm still tinkering with the body, he just looks a bit too vanilla at the moment for a mutant

hjd_uk - thanks! yeah he has a sort of jawbone club. also i've been told he looks like martin amis...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2007/2/27/16010_2.jpg

pior - cheers pior! yeah that's the plan, i don't know how far i'll get with a scene but at least there will be a couple of characters out of this

dekard - haha that would actually make an awesome post apoc vehicle

quickel - yeah its polypaint in zbrush at the moment

butt_sahib - thanks man, yeah they'll be game models in the end

demoncage - thanks! yeah polypaint all the way

been slacking off a bit but i've started off the detail pass on the patient's mitts -

mitts.jpg

also a proportional sketch for a generic superhero - alex ross brock samson? punisher circa 1930s?

herotype.jpg
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
  • ThatDon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThatDon polycounter lvl 11
    kite cake, yum yum
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Nice matcap, one of your own?

Cool detail on the hand and forearm, very solid.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Nice! I love the gesture of generic superhero's legs especially.

Mop, if I'm not mistaken that's a material from this set, metal dust or something.
  • stimpack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stimpack polycounter lvl 10
    lovely hands. such great expression in them. I have a tech question, do you ever run up against the problem when your brush strokes shoot through to the other side of your fingers? Ive had it happen quite a few times, and it always destroys a good amount of work before i realize its doing it. perhapse a "ignore backfacing" of somekind
  • kite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite polycounter lvl 17
    cheers guys
    thanks Mop, yeah the matcap is metal dust by ralf stumpf. It has a really nice soft look compared to a lot of the other virdigrised bronze materials i've seen, it's also quite nice to sculpt the high frequency details in

thanks stimpack, yip in the brush menu there is a backface masking button, it should really be out in the ui somewhere
  • stimpack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stimpack polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks so much, ive avoided hands and ear details just b/c of that prob.

cheers
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    man! so weird those first, but so stylish!