Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP winged female character

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jalechah polycounter lvl 17
Hey there,
I started making this model about 3 days ago and have been working on it on and off.
im not using a concept, im really just going with the flow. I'm aiming to keep the polycount to an average of 3,000.

Here's some pics of my current progress on the model, any C & C would be a great help as i still have a lot to learn about modeling.

wingedanime7a.jpg

wingedanime7b.jpg

wingedanime7c.jpg

wingedanime7d.jpg

wingedanime7e.jpg

wingedanime7f.jpg

sorry if this is too much pictures but i figured the more pictures i provided the more help i could get

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    The topology looks good. Her feet are huge, she looks very stiff and she needs ass though.
    The pelvis area wouldn't hold up during animation, check this http://pig-brain.com/tut02/tut02_04.htm
    I'd also add another edge below the chin, or where the neck joins the head.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    looking good bro, you've learned quite a bit since you started.

as Jaco says, you should work on making her less stiff, women have curves dude, some of the most lovely curves you'll ever see in life!

it's an awful lot to take in, both getting the shapes right, and making sure everything will animate properly. i'd say to focus on getting your shapes right first, you can always repair any other damage afterward.
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    keep it up man, even though your not using concept are you using ref?
  • BrodyB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When looking at her from the side, where the back of the neck connects to the head should be at the level of the bottom of the nose.

headside2rp8.jpg
  • Reich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good so far. Really nice base mesh to keep building off of. Feet and neck tweek and you're good to go with detail! Are you planning on Zbrushing? Oh and one last thing i just noticed is her crotch. It comes to a point, try to put another poly in there and spread it out a bit. Inless you are planning on dressing over it with clothing.

o.O i seem to have started the evil version....who would have thought lol
    Vickbody.jpg
  • Jalechah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalechah polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks so much for all the help guys!

I am using some refs, but i dont think theyre very good. if you have any you think i could learn from i'd very much like to see them.

heres some pictures of progress, i cant add the strip of polys for the inside of the crotch just yet as im still using the Symmetry modifier. but when the time comes ill most likely chamfer it in.

wingedanime8a.jpg
    wingedanime8b.jpg
    wingedanime8c.jpg
    wingedanime8d.jpg
  • Reich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking good. a few things

help.jpg

What is that edge loop doing? it is not changing the shape of the hip at all, use it or loose it.

And then another thing to help you with ears for the future. Might be to late to do it now.

eartutorial.jpg

-Once you have the Face done extrude the edge loop around into the shape of the rest of the head

-Move the inner verts to create the base shape of your ear

-Cap it and start extruding the ear out and then extrude it in

-Execute it inside the ear where no one will ever see it, you don't even need to cap it.

-And bam a ear that is a part of the mesh.

Hope that helps ^^