Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Environment) Floating Market

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
This thing took too long to finish. but its finally done so im happy.

2779011267_4f2df076a8_o.jpg
2779011021_5e53079d6e_o.jpg
2779010755_0ca246d43f_o.jpg
2779867070_375a942446_o.jpg
2779866806_c5c6bf0621_o.jpg

Replies

• EvilPixills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvilPixills polygon
    Looking good onionhead, the only thing that comes to mind at first is that your wooden floors and wall seem to be pretty fresh. Maybe add some dirt and grime to show some wear and tear, foot scuffs etc. Overall it's a nice scene and I like how your vegies came out.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeh its kind of too clean ur rite. I fix it up soon

those veggies were a pain to texture. cuz its so freakin hard to find good textures for food/fruits.

thanks for ur critque
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    those veggies were a pain to texture. cuz its so freakin hard to find good textures for food/fruits.

If that's the case why find em? make em! It's not too hard.

Looks good, I would kill the bump on the sheet that the veg lays on or tone it down alot.
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    yeah, the veggies are really good imo.

I love eating those things that looks like a shower head.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe: thanks. I was gona do more veggies but I wanted to finish this soon. everytime i finish one thing i add another thing to the scene. it just seems to never end. so i have to end it off some where.

GCMP: what I meant it was hard to find reference imgs for the textures not ready made textures.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the water and shadows could use a little bit of a touch up. The water ripples and waves need to be a little it larger and the shadows need to be a tad softer. But other than that it looks great! Keep it up!
  • Dakkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dakkon polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, as mentioned, I think the biggest thing is it looks like it was just build a few days ago. Add some green decaying sections to the wood, and just show some age.

Also, I think rendering that image with some GI lighting and darker shadows would help a lot. The lighting is really odd which doesn't help the overall scene.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I believe that the lighting in this scene is to generic and bland. Almost as if those were working lights. I could see some bloom on the sides of the dock that the sun is hitting, with some nice reflections and glimmers from the water, with shades of greens and blues. More dramatic shadows that give the scene mood. I can tell that your modelling is pretty solid and you have decent texture work, but you need that extra push with lights that will emphasize the scene way more. So think more dramatic, and play with different hues in the lights and u will see that environment and the beauty shot will captivate people alot more.
  • m.roanhaus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m.roanhaus polycounter lvl 14
    Great environment onion head, I would love to play this ingame! The vegetables are very realistic, but I would rotate them around a bit more so they aren't perfectly stacked, vegetables (especially cucumbers) are always misshapen so they don't stack up in a perfect line. One other thing you can do to set this environment off is to put a waterstain card under the bucket to make it fit in and add more character. Perhaps some grime cards in front of the stand? I'm sure the vegetables would fall and get smooshed into the floor planks. Just add some alpha'd planes in to put the finishing touches in it and call this one done.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for everyone critque.

glottis8: I would like to do bloom effect, but I have no idea how to. And Im not sure how to light the scene properly. i tried playing with the hue of the lights. sometimes its too dark in some areas and sometimes its too bright. I just find it hard to balance the lighting.

m.roanhaus: "I'm sure the vegetables would fall and get smooshed into the floor planks. Just add some alpha'd planes in to put the finishing touches in it and call this one done" Thats a great idea, I will do that soon.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update with different lighting and tweak some textures.

2811655949_b91f8239fc_o.jpg

2812502812_0ffca4c11d_o.jpg

2811655729_f3e9757938_o.jpg