Home General Discussion

Warhammer Online release on Sept 18

Replies

• TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Just a heads up for those that were going to play...although if you are, you probably already were aware. Today, Sunday (14th) at 1 PM eastern those that pre ordered the Collector's Edition of WAR can get their head start going. I believe that is now the time the servers are supposed to go live for that. It's going to be a great week for games in general. Started playing Rock Band 2 yesterday...Hungry Like the Wolf = :D.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Noooo! Open Beta is over and now I have to wait until Tuesday to get my next fix :(

Great job on the game, guys. Congrats!
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Are there any mmo's that play/look like Secret of Mana? :(
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    Xenobond wrote: »
    Are there any mmo's that play/look like Secret of Mana? :(

From my experience all MMO's feel like descendants of Everquest and all play the same.
  • stimpack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stimpack polycounter lvl 10
    Gota agree, nothing really screams "new" to me in this game, but im still having fun running around. I tried to kill a guy on a horse, his animation kept jacking up and the horse would stand on its hind legs and try to punch me. fun finding little flaws like that =P also noticed after a while of casting and running in circles, my char would get stuck in a bent over position and looked like she was scratching her ass while running.

anyone else have a prob with keybindings not working? I tried dozen times to change my "target self" to a diff button, and it would never save/work. hope they fix those things, us lefties have a hell of a time playing a game with lots of buttons when we cant remap them to the right side of the keyboard =)
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah. I was having a heck of a time binding/re-binding the move camera up/down to keys. :S
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    I haven't had any key binding issues, but I did notice the jacked up horse animation! :D!!

Yeah it does play like many other mmo's but I'm really enjoying it as well. I can't wait to see how this one does financially. I really think it has the potential to be around for a long time.

I'm still not totally sold on the pvp combat yet. I'm definitely having fun, but it needs some ironing out. I'm not sure if I like queueing up actions as opposed to having to use then when they are available. The instant attacks and/or spells feel a bit sluggish as well.
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    cholden wrote: »
    MAUL0r, I watched all your WAR vids last night. Pretty cool stuff. Interesting to hear your perspective on things, and I learned some stuff. :)

Glad you enjoyed them cholden! I figure my game design degree is going to waste at Sony Electronics... I might as well share some info/perspective via youtube and blogs... I plan to make some more that show the lairs and other high-end content once I get up there a bit.
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Why am I naked?

My little goblin shaman started off looking all cool with his potatoe-sack robe at level 1, but going from level 2-10, every chest piece I've looted/found/bought leaves me with just a loincloth.

Poor little naked shaman.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    i just got off work at Target, and we had plenty. So if you are having trouble finding it...
    we also had online time thingys or whatever..
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I picked up my copy from EB this morning, they somehow managed to round up about 10 copies of the collector's edition to pick up without pre-order, so that worked out nicely.
    The art book is pretty sweet, though I suck at painting, so my little figurine is probably going to remain chrome.
    Looking forward to cranking this game when I get home tonight.

-caseyjones
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Been playing it now for 2 days,my preordered copy arrived a day after the release date from the UK(nice).

Like it so far,good job guys. One critique,i really dont like the animations,dont know if it just the shadow warrior but his walk and run cycles seems stiff and i hate the way he fires his arrow stationary. Aside from that its all good.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I'm enjoying it but I was also in the beta, i can't recall what server I joined I'll post it tonight, but the ones alot of the pc'ers are on had long queues for chaos. :(
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    also amazon has the collectors edition on sale for 79.99 again today.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00166MCM6/ref=pe_11480_10372490_emwa_email_img_1[/ame]
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    I'm playin on Ulthuan/destruction and my guild is currently recruiting. Polycounters always have my endorsement!

http://Old-Folks.guildlaunch.com
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can see our video credits here for Warhammer Online now...

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/flash/2008_08_CredPodcast.html

Not everyone decided to participate but some polycounters make an appearance in them during the art credits which are the 2nd group.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/launchday/

that link will get you some other launch day business.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I've been playing all weekend and after all the negative things I've heard during the open/closed beta I was greatly surprised. Either all those issues were addressed and patched when the game went live, or people just don't know their ass from their elbow. The world looks great, the art style is so much nicer than that of WoW (in my opinion anyway).
    My only real beef is that the game locked up my PC twice to the point where I couldn't do a single thing but hit the reset switch, but worse yet the game itself would reset my PC on its own (happened about 6 times - twice in an RvR scenario, three times in some bullshit cave within a 15min period and once just randomly out in the environment). Aside from that I really enjoyed the time I spent in game.
    The achievement stuff is genius... I'm now running around everywhere I could possibly go and clicking on random NPCs for unlocks and such. Some of the titles are pretty funny as well.

Great job to the EA Mythic crew, you've done an awesome job on the game and I'll definitely be playing for some time.

Props to the dude in the vid with the 'I greentooth PC' print out :D

-caseyjones
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Props to the dude in the vid with the 'I greentooth PC' print out"

That would be me.

They told us at the last second we'd be able to hold up signs if we wanted and after some ideas that didn't make the cut I figured why not give some love back to Polycount. After all I probably would have never left THQ after 6 years to go to Mythic had it not been for the friends I made here at Polycount that work there. I'm having fun playing the game as well. It's nice to have that after spending the past 2 years helping to make it. I fortunately have had the opportunity to create both world and character art for the game.

Some signs that didn't make the cut, "I can has credits" "a missing persons photo of JP, an animator who is now at Gearbox"...come to think of it the awesome collaborative masterpiece of the WAR cats background that Xenobond and Cholden helped to create never got immortalized anywhere...such a shame.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    never fear! war cat is here to break the thread!
    WARCATLOL.jpg
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice warcat! Absolutely loving the game. I can't say enough good things about the art. I also can't pick a class, I already have like 4 characters above level 10! I do wish the chaos side had a ranged physical dps class that wasn't a pet class.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    They didn't let me in beta and now won't stop sending me emails and giving me a title and item for being a veteren newsletter subscriber. :(
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr wrote: »
    They didn't let me in beta and now won't stop sending me emails and giving me a title and item for being a veteren newsletter subscriber. :(

That kinda sucks man. I didnt get into beta either and have been subscribing for some time, but they have not sent me anything for being a veteran subscriber. :( If you use them I'd love to hear what they are! If you don't end up using them I'd love to have them!
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    The item teleports you to your capital city from anywhere in the world but can only be used 5 times. The title is something like "The Devoted Inquirer".

Not much but if you want them I can PM you the code.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    holy crap! Tracy and I stumbled upon a lair today after we captured the BO in Norsca, we had to solve a puzzle to open a crypt and there was a baddy in there that totally destroyed our warband but it was totally awesome!

I've always known about the Lairs but I've never actually seen one until now.
  • MAUL0r
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Asherr I sent you a pm! Thanks!