Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zombie bust...

Hey all i haven't been on in a little bit I think the last time i posted was around dominance wars when i had to switch from mudbox to zbrush due to some noob issues. Since then i have been getting progressively better but i also still want feedback as to what i can work on. as always open to constructive criticism. Thanks so much!

~diggs

http://bp3.blogger.com/_HGCkAyD99WQ/SFcnGsXE0MI/AAAAAAAAALE/Pt_8dEQxolc/s1600-h/derianmccrea_zombie.jpg

Replies

• Stubbs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stubbs polycounter lvl 17
    Very cool. I like the exposed tissue on the back of his head. That would be cool if there were even more, perhaps smaller, areas like that scattered all over the head and face.

I'm not sure if those three holes by his collar bone are supposed to be bullet holes, but if so I'd recommend making them larger and more detailed.

Nice work.
  • Wilex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More detail, go nuts on the skin man i like the shapes you have but its too smooth and pristine looking kind of like a car finish. You have some nice fine detail on the head that make it feel like skin just do something similar to that on the rest of the face. Look at close up photo refference of faces and wounds then go to town. Push that detail. Good luck.
  • Diggy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! Yeah i do have to get crazy with the skin! I wish i left more of the geo around the lower neck to build from. But it's part of a larger char. I didn't really think it threw when i started it :/. Thanks! I have a question how do you reset the uvs if you redo them on the basemesh outside of zbrush? cause i could still have one set for the char that i'm working on and another for just the head?I hope that question made sense ? Thanks for the feedback!