Home General Discussion

Eat 3D Announces Unreal VFX - Material Transitions

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Riki polycounter lvl 9
May I introduce to you an exciting new training video brought to you by Eat 3D.com. Discover the process of using Unreal Materials to create effects on different elements. Become exposed to Kismet, Matinee, and Cascade and learn how to control the effect in your scene. In this demonstration the instructor starts off by explaining the nodes that will be used throughout the rest of the DVD and then he goes into depth on how to create a material that can transition from one set of textures and parameters, into another.
To watch a sample of the video please visit this link:
http://eat3d.com/vfx01_sample
vfx01_main_shot.jpg

The instructor is the visual effects artist at Bioware Austin and has been in the video game industry for almost 10 years and shipped 15 titles. He has worked on titles such as, "Star Wars Ep1: Racer", "Gladius", "Matrix: Path of Neo" and "Blacksite: Area 51".

Sincerely,
Eat 3D

Replies

• Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I work with Bryan and he does some really excellent stuff. Now I must ask him tomorrow why he didn't mention he just released this (apprently excellent) DVD...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    this looks bad ass, gonna have to pick this up for sure.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    you guys are doing a fantastic job creating these tutorials! Keep them coming :D
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    ...simply wow. Your collection of DVDs is looking really appetizing, right up there with Gnomon.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I have the other two released. The pillar and unreal materials and they are great. Gonna have to get this one as well.

Some really useful material in these.
  • Riki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Riki polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks guys, we have been treating this stuff kinda like an art project, rather than just a system to make money. That is how we justify all the extra hard work and polish that goes into even the smallest details. Its tough to know if this hyper specialized stuff will take off and end up doing well financially, but we sure hope so :)
    The pillar video has been doing the best but I think its because there is a broader audience for that kind of thing, and it has been out longer. I hope to do more stuff like that because it seems to appeal to so many.

Thanks for everyones support, polycount has been very important to the current eat3d success.

Riki
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    Will buy this one, as well, since it's always worth the money. Besides, the support is awesome. With the materials one I had extreme problems downloading because of a dodgy connection, but you guys were so patient with me that it's amazing.