Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for photoshop tutorials.

Hello everyone, I'm seeking some good training tutorials for photoshop because I would like to try my hand at texturing. Please post any tutorials that may have helped you with photoshop into this thread, thanks!

Things such as texturing robots, guns, etc.

Replies

• jackbanditdude01
    This doesn't help you so much, BUT, I can give you a quick run-down of textures. I spent a lot of time learning last year on making them for a game (was never completed or anything, so title doesn't matter). Here is a quick step-by-step for you:

1) Make a new PSD, 512 x 512 pixels.

2) For most textures, people have told me time and again, use photos. Get real close and take as high quality of a photo as you can, and just use that, cut and paste it onto the 512 x 512. IF you really want to make your textures, or don't have a good digital camera, or just don't have any metal (for your specific request on robots, guns, etc.) to fit your needs, then go to this website and search for metal tutorials: http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1

3) (For tileable) Now, use the Filter "Offset" and do it by -256 and -256.

4) (For tileable) Use the clone tool, blur, smudge, whatever you prefer, to remove the lines. This works great on objects you don't see all of at once, or has lots of angles to it, because tiling it still works and helps limit your work time. (For more advanced stuff, just hope someone better than me replies to this post, haha, sorry)

All in all, the website I gave you will get you started on the texture portion. As to actually applying it, I hope that's not what you needed, as I am not any good with anything more than tiles. If nothing else, the website will help a lot with actually making textures. Good luck!