Home Artists Looking For Work

Freelance Artist(s) needed

I am looking for 1 or 2 good artists to do some promotional art and book illustrations for a book I'm writing. I will put down a piece from Chapter 1, and I need for someone to send in some pictures, painted, sketched, non- color, anything for this, and e-mail me at lee_hldn@yahoo.com. Here it is:

Chapter 1
The winds echoed through the trees. Today was an abnormal day in the old calendar, for today marked the day of a new moon. This great thing caused the forest*, which by the way was nearly always under a veil of darkness, to be incredibly dark, in fact it was so dark that if you held your hand in front of your face, you would not be able to see it. But if you were near the center of the forest, where the mountains* stopped, at this time, you would have seen a dim light coming from a cave on the edge of these mountains. This was the light of a small fire, which was barely alive, and could hardly warm anything. This fire was started on moist wood by a young elf.
Elves, what are elves? You probably know a good description already, but these elves were thin, and were just a tad shorter than an average man. They were quick and agile, as well as cunning, for they could think of solutions to problems quickly, “think on their feet” as we would say. They were a very ancient race, and held on to their traditions. They were well known for their powerful, yet lightweight weaponry. One of their very prominent features was their long, slender ears. Their hair color varied, much as ours do, from a light grey to a light brown, to gold, and then the rarest color, black. Their eyes varied like their hair. Commonly they wore light robes, sometimes with cloaks and trinkets. Higher ranking officials commonly wore leather pieces, as well as metal. They lived on secluded islands far out into the great sea, in the west. For five hundred years about, there has not been much communication with the elves, and they have become somewhat mistrustful of the other races of the world.
This elf’s name was Malfurion*. He was a young elf of thirty-five. He was one of the rare elves who possessed black hair, and also had black eyes. He was out in this dark forest because this was on his pathway to Roma*, which led to the great city of High Haven via the Great River *. He had come here from his home for a few reasons. The most prominent was so he could have access to the incredible store of literature and knowledge, the Grand Imperial Library, within High Haven. But sadly, he had been set back by the torrential rains that he faced, and the horrid darkness of the old forest.
He had found shelter in this cave, and he had set up somewhat of a camp inside, where he shot at animals that passed by, for he was very tired of the elven bread of which he had been eating for weeks. For three days he had hidden in this cave away from the ravenous animals, and had been trying to set up a good fire, but all he had succeeded in doing was creating this small thing. But it did make some light. For the past few hours, he had been trying to remember an old spell for conjuring light. Depression was gripping his heart, and he was beginning to lose hope of ever leaving the forest.
Now depression was a horrible thing for elves. Elves were immortal beings, and there were not many things that could kill them. Long exposure to sickness was one thing, depression was another. Of course there was death from another hand. There was also death by hunger and thirst. Death was not a very common thing for elves, and many aged into the millennia.
In his desperate search for words, Malfurion uttered in the elvish language “Lumero no die gied*.” His small stick that he held lit up at the end, and lifted his spirits considerably. He then gathered all of his (few) belongings, covered any signs that he had been there, and left. He slowly grudged his way in a northwest direction, hoping to find signs of hills or swampland, which would indicate that he would be near Roma. But Malfurion had no idea of how large, and dangerous this old forest was.

*1- The Gateland Forest , or Gaendlad Forest
*2- The White Mountains , which stretched across the north of the empire
*3- Literally "Small Leaf"
*4- A city in the imperial state of Melendor
*5- The River Haven, Havenus, or Haenedwei
*6- Literally “Light be my guide.”

Replies