Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha congrat man!! good work! it turn out well~~~
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Great entry man...

Though it may be just me, I don't really like the green around him. I find it distracts me from the character and takes away some of the elegance of the design.
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Japhir: Thx man! Im glad you like it!
    BlackB:Thanks
    Tulkamir:I agree with your crit, I got a bit carried away with the green glow hehe...maybe if it was another color....Ive realized my laptop monitor isnt calibrated at all compared to the monitors at work :( and that it seemed less distracting on my laptop...but im happy you liked the overall entry.

Ok so I finally figured out how to take Hi rez screens of Roboblitz (which is a branch of UT3 engine), and let me say its not user friendly at all lol... I hope the real UT3 engine has a simple "Take hi res screen" options, anyways I still have some other things to check out like change background color and maybe how to make a 360 turnable inside the engine.

UE 3 render (in Roboblitz):

UE3_01.jpg

UE3_02.jpg

UE3_03.jpg
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    this looks great, the specular seems to have almost covered the diffuse in UE3? I prefer the blue of the clothing in the scanline renders , much darker with subtle bright shine. Ive used roboblitz engine before, unreal editor is a little better. I dont know how you got those high res screenshots though.
  • Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    really cool character man, reminds Hydralisk to me in his proportions and kinda spine structure ;) Tissue folds r great, they look very believable to me.

The texture/shader of skin, however, looks like it could benefit more from a bit higher contrast that would make organic texture details be more visible, because at certain angles skin seems to be close to a plain color instead.
    Anyways, I am really digging into subtle things that may even be rather subjective, cause overall ur character looks beautiful and it has an evident personality. Good job.
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks Ged,

In case you or other people are wondering how to take screen shots in Roboblitz heres what I did:

1- Exported from 3dmax into ASE then I imported the model + texture (tga format) in the Generic browser

2-Created a material inside generic browser than assigned that material to imported model
    3-Made a skylight at .2 intensity + 2 light (keylight/backlight)

4-Make a Player Start Actor and SAVE the map as RBArena_test (<--- yes, you need to save as RBArena_whatever)

5-Build All Button (Very important),after run the map with the joystick icon in the upper right bar WHILE HOLDING CTRL. (to go in spectator mode)

6-Press TAB for console and type (without the " " ):
    "FOV 45"
    "SETRES 2000x1500" (WidthXLenght)
    "SHOT" (
    >takes screenshot in your Roboblitz\RoboGame\ScreenShots directory)

7-If you see a black screen, you might need to rotate and move the player start Actor as it acts as the camera. (for some reason i am unable to move in spectator mode so I move the player start instead)

I hope this isnt too confusing, if it is try headding to http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/135306.html for some great video Tutorials on UE3.

MatroSkin:Thanks Vlad! I totally agree with your crit, some of the renders made the diffuse seem dull, specially in UE3, I ll put more work into the materials and tweak the piece more to make a better portfolio piece. Ill try adding some dirt and purple colors in the skin tones. Im a glad you like it! Cheers

3D Turnaround : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P86SOY3J (about 3 Megs)
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Love the guy. It's great to see how much character you managed to convey in his face with just a lower jaw :)