Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - clee101- Untitled

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Looking good, agreed about the weapon, also I hope you're not gonna leave those square cutouts on the weapon, prolly just wip though.
    I love his face, but I think it could look better if you threw in some dark areas, like around the eyes. Or maybe creepy,shiny black likes, like a spider's.
    Keep it up!
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks rollin. Yeah, Im gonna do more re-work the weapon. And yeah ill definitly add more color variation to his skin,,maybe more neutral warm colors to contrast from the cool armor color. Im also thinking of changing the green colors on the armor and the energy glows to blue to match the ice weapon.. But importantly Im gonna finish the base and rig first then go back to the fixes.

Thanks Jaco, yeah Ill fix the weapon and add more variation to the skin.

Cant wait to finish!...
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOOOHOOO!!! finally finished!! Wow... worked on up it till the last 10 mins left to deadline. I wanna thank all of you guys that gave me great feedback and support! It really was a tough time trying to cram as much free time I can get into this event. I was really dissappointed last year from not being able to finish on time.. and finally this time I made it. Good luck to all of you comrades here. I have seen some awesome talent and work here and have learned tons of valuable things. Polycount FTW!!

Now I present to you.. GRAWL! warlord with Ice Magic artifact weapon.

Winning Pose
    Grawl_winningpose-1.jpg

Beauty Shot
    Grawl_beautyshot-1.jpg
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    wow killer work! first time i see this thread :icon15:
  • shinja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kool this is nice :) well done!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    congrats on finishing! it came out really well, did you use unreal engine for these last renders?
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys!

Ged- thanks, no the renders I did were all done using the default Max scanline render. I would love to try and get this guy into the unreal 3 engine tho.

Now time to get some much needed rest..
  • corrosion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey man, congrats on finishing this ordeal, I dig how your character turned out, very nice work!!!! grawwwwwwl!!!!
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Nice work man, he really looks like he'd fit nicely in the Unreal universe yeah.
    I love his shoulder plate, dunno why but I can't help thinking it looks like some evile polycount simon-says machine! =)
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

Heres my poster image im submitting to Fred.

Grawl_postershot2-2.jpg

And heres the rest of my entry sheets:

Grawl_textures.jpg

Grawl_conceptsheet.jpg

Grawl_constructionshot.jpg
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Awsome! You really pulled it all together nicely in the end. I didn't care much for the yellowish color earlier, but this is great. Congrats.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    HOTSAUCE, glad to see you got this guy done, I have been watching your entry since the war started. I knew you wouldn't let me down :)

Awesome job Clee, maybe next year I will actually finish my own entry....
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Damn! Great model.
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks very much for the comments guys!!

Xaltar- Thanks, I really appreciated you keeping an eye on my thread. Your comments and feedbacks supported me and motivated me throughout the event. I miss your avatar tho.. was very playful, hehe, bring it back! Also, I hope you will be able to finish next year. See you around.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lolz I'll have to dig it out of the recesses of my hard disk and put it back on.
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a wallpaper that I will be submitting to Fred.

Grawl_wallpaper1600x1200.jpg
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tough luck not making top 50 :( This years comp was too big with too many competitors IMO. I think I will skip next year if its the same or bigger, there is just no point given the number of entries. You don't even get all that much in the way of crits because of the sheer number of entries... I think I'll just sit on the sidelines and route for my favorites next time.
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its ok, I am glad that I was able to finish on time this time. I wasnt too happy with the submitted shots.. I wish I had submitted the wallpaper shots with the better pose but yeah, I also saw so many other awesome pieces that didnt make it into the top 50.. I have learned alot from this years contest and know what I need to improve on. After the war was over, looking around thru the other forums, it was like trying to compete in the olympics. There were soo many great talent out there.. This was a blast, and I cant wait til next years war. Thanks still for routing for me throughout this war Xaltar. I hope i wont let you down next time..hehe!