Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

W.I.P. Anatomy model with Woody Harrelson head

Replies

• dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    I like woody and all but i really don't like coming back into this thread cause there's 1 billion pictures of face......I did the maths.

Nice model.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    merlyn wrote: »
    Ruz - I know exactly what you mean and I can see why you are saying this, thanks for pointing it out. At the moment I am not employed so I wan't to use my unemployed time to demonstrate the skills which I think I have to best effect, I know when I go back into the games industry again I will not get the time to work on projects which would be this time consuming. My goal for this piece is to make two animations, one of the antomy, animated in the most realistic way I can manage without any expensive plugins and composited onto film footage, the second a close up of Woody's face while he is acting with various different facial expressions. My goal for the second animation is to be so convincingly realistic that the majority of people would not know it was a 3d animation unless they were looking out for 3d. I know it will be very hard to acchieve these goals (I will definatly need a lot of help, especially on rendering, skin shaders and using skin deformers (I plan on using morph materials also to morph not only the geometry but the displacement)), but I think that the more ambitiouse I am with this the better the results will be, I also expect this to take a long, long time, which is why I chose to try and combine these projects.

notman - His expressions as well as the photoes do change the shape of his face an aweful lot imo which is really bothering me, I am trying to look at lots of images at the same time so that I can just get a feel of how his face is shaped and work from that. Regarding the chin and the mouth I have tried to fix those areas, let me know what you think of them now.
    woody24.jpg
    sourcecomposition.jpg
    woody_head_5.jpg

I don't get it, who's the model suppose to be of? Do you have any references?
  • jouste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jouste polycounter lvl 14
    merlyn wrote: »
    Ruz - I know exactly what you mean and I can see why you are saying this, thanks for pointing it out. At the moment I am not employed so I wan't to use my unemployed time to demonstrate the skills which I think I have to best effect, I know when I go back into the games industry again I will not get the time to work on projects which would be this time consuming. My goal for this piece is to make two animations, one of the antomy, animated in the most realistic way I can manage without any expensive plugins and composited onto film footage, the second a close up of Woody's face while he is acting with various different facial expressions. My goal for the second animation is to be so convincingly realistic that the majority of people would not know it was a 3d animation unless they were looking out for 3d. I know it will be very hard to acchieve these goals (I will definatly need a lot of help, especially on rendering, skin shaders and using skin deformers (I plan on using morph materials also to morph not only the geometry but the displacement)), but I think that the more ambitiouse I am with this the better the results will be, I also expect this to take a long, long time, which is why I chose to try and combine these projects.

notman - His expressions as well as the photoes do change the shape of his face an aweful lot imo which is really bothering me, I am trying to look at lots of images at the same time so that I can just get a feel of how his face is shaped and work from that. Regarding the chin and the mouth I have tried to fix those areas, let me know what you think of them now.

woody24.jpg
    sourcecomposition.jpg
    woody_head_5.jpg

I don't get it, who's the model suppose to be of? Do you have any references?

idk im pretty sure he's modeling this guy...
    234145.jpg
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    Your doing a great job, your anatamy and your flow is perfect! The likeness is awesome too!

Woody wishes he could look this good!
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have made the legs a little longer.
    Very little time for this atm but I will have started texturing him within a weak.

woody31.jpg
    legs_5.jpg
  • Joel F
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is so scary :(
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started on his face again, trying to develop a nice sss material.
    Getting a bit confused by the different monitors I am using, does this sss image look too dark?

woody_head_15.jpg
    woodysss.jpg
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Set up the sss on a better moniter, also I strengthened the backlight. Might have the time to start making the custom maps tonight.

woodysss-2.jpg
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    nice head, looks a bit like its a latex mask or something at the moment, would probably look great with a texture though.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Looking good. The back of the head looks a bit too smooth though.
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I agree that the back of the head looks a bit smooth atm.
    Tried out a new matcap. Still going to work on this but I am experimenting with another model while I learn new stuff, so probably at least another few weaks till I get back to this.

woody_head_16.jpg
    legs_6.jpg
    woody32.jpg
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    Nice likeness you got going there on the head merlyn. I think the body still needs some porportion issues worked out before you get too crazy with the veins and details. I would maybe focus on the head and make that a separate head sculpt piece and leave the anatomy body as another piece. The head is coming out nicely.