Home General Discussion

PicLens

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I think it's not running for me because I have my NVidia control panel set to run in single-display performance mode (to fix some game issues I was having) ... means that GL windows don't draw on my 2nd monitor, which is where PicLens is trying to open itself.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    It's fantastic. As I work for a news media group I could really use this to display our photographers work and galleries of events we cover.

It's a shame that it requires a plug-in, many of our customer base are (perhaps needlessly) very reticent about installing plug-ins. Anyone know if there's a version which runs purely online?

I suspect media galleries would pay for such a service.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Gmanx: theres piclens lite (which doesn't have the 3d view to it): http://piclens.com/lite/piclens-lite.php

Believe that also allows the site to work with piclens also.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    For some reason I can only see the play button, and do not have the option to have it be a plane with all the images to choose from. Anyone else having this, as I seem to be missing a button, ohh and yeah it would be nice to have a option of saving from window. Great find man, and thanks for sharing.

Spark
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Ok i sent them some suggestions including save images and stuff.... and they responded!

Thanks so much for your kind words and for using PicLens! We've got new features coming soon, so stay tuned. smile.gif

At this moment, PicLens still has basic functionality. We plan to add a load of new features in the coming months, including options to save and share images, among others.

Much appreciated,
    Alec & The Piclens Team
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    cool, thanks Lord
  • adamlewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    For some reason I can only see the play button, and do not have the option to have it be a plane with all the images to choose from. Anyone else having this, as I seem to be missing a button, ohh and yeah it would be nice to have a option of saving from window. Great find man, and thanks for sharing.

Spark

[/ QUOTE ]

Spark, what browser are you using? The "3D Wall" interface is only available when using the plug-in with Firefox. So if you're using a different browser that's probably the cause of your reduced functionality.
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    [ QUOTE ]
    A friend just build one gallery with that Publicher tools, if you want look at that... It look nice ^_^
    http://www.little-big-studio.com/G33K_PicLens/PicLensMediaFiles/gallery.html

[/ QUOTE ]

that is some of the coolest environments i have ever seen! your friend rocks! tongue.gif
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Ahhh, thanks Adam as I was using IE to check things out. Installing again to use with firefox

Spark
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    there's a new update apparently, now it not only works for firefox 3 but you can use it with youtube videos. it's just like the picture viewer but supports videos and plays whatever you scroll over.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, it's really nice. I just wish it didn't need to support a specific website or type of website to work, though. It'd be great if it would work on all forums, for instance. Or everyone's portfolio, although a lack of standards is a problem there (boo flash, and all that)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    yeah the updates are nice and it seems more stable now, I browse pics, go to a website and then resume browsing the pics fairly easily compared to before.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    We can use it on a dual screen now!!

It doesn't close when you work in photoshop!!! Just great!!! ^__^