Home Contests & Challenges Archives

LPC #05 - MoP - Pinky

Replies

• Labyrinth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey Mop, any chance you can share that stuff with us? I've tried some apps for the ds that let you import a model into their engine, but none of them seemed to work properly for me. :S

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Mop's stuff, but I'm working on a viewer that will take .obj and .mtl files and load it in. Work is progressing well, but it'll likely take me another two or three weeks to get it to a really useable state.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    \o/ on DS! I hate you!! I hope your friend programmer want to do a viewer for 3D community! I could be very nice!!
    Awesome work!
  • Tennis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tennis polycounter lvl 16
    wow looks amazing.
    do you mind posting a picture of pinky with the new DS texture ? would love to see it.
  • ander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ander polycounter lvl 17
    Every time I look at this thread a song starts in my head - 'Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain!' laugh.gif

Awsome work!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Unfortunately at the moment he doesn't want to release his engine, he's still working on it and it needs some programming knowledge to get models into the engine (I let him deal with that for me! smile.gif )... so I guess you'll have to wait for Labyrinth's model viewer!

Tennis: Yeah, I'll post those pics soon, when it gets downsized to 64x64 and 16 colours it loses some definition that I have to touch up at the pixel level... which I haven't done yet smile.gif

I posted my pics in the finished thread, along with this slightly updated walk cycle:
    pinky_walk.gif

Although I guess some people are arguing that Doom3 is not next-gen, so I might be disqualified ...
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    my favorite entry for sure... I can't believe people are arguing that doom3 isnt next gen. Didn't doom3 define next gen?

anyway, you've got my vote, great work on this guy!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    the whole thing is such a grey area.. bah. congrats man looks ace anyway
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    awesome! haha that looks great

From reading the brief, i gathered that "if it uses normal maps, it counts." Last i checked, that thing was normal mapped.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Didn't doom3 define next gen?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking smile.gif
  • Thurban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasn't Doom3 the start of the normal mapping era? If that doesn't classify the start of the "next gen," I don't know what does.
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    looks awesome MoP

btw doom 3 to me is next gen, like thurban said doom3 was the introduction to normal mapping. Btw if some ugly ass games produced can call themselves next-gen so can doom 3 tongue.gif