Home Technical Talk

Crossbow for RTCW. Any help appreciated

Hi,
I have made a Map for RTCW that allows me to walk around a 3D construction of the Castle that once stood in our village ( Castle Donington ). I would like to have some medieval weapons i.e a Crossbow, But I cannot find one for RTCW or find any info on how to make one. Seems they are .mdc files not .md3 as you get in Q3A. Any help with either finding a crossbow weapon model that works in RTCW or a pointer to a site that gives a tutorial on creating .mdc weapons for RTCW would be much appreciated. Also can a .md3 model be made to work in RTCW.

Thanks

TasKiNG

Replies

• Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    I can't really remember but I think .mdc are compressed .md3 files. Md3 files should work, all the weapons in RTWC are animated with static meshes linked to "tags" so there are no vertex or skeletal animations. You can see this by looking at the hands and noticing how the fingers don't move. Just so you know tags are just vertex animated right angle triangles which use the normal of the polygon and the sides touching the right angle (not the hypotenuse) to determine the direction its facing.
  • TasKiNG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Frankie, I'll try and get my md3 files to work then and have a look around for how to compress md3 to mdc.