Home General Discussion

Zeitgeist (the movie)

Replies

• Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bankers try to get the most money out of their customers and make the most money off the money their customers have given them to hold for safe keeping.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were running a business, would you just hand out your profits to your customers?

And if you have more than 100,000 in your savings account, you could probably do with investing some of it. Even if you don't know a thing about business or finance, spreading that out over very safe, easy to understand investment options will make you a lot of money. Unless that makes you the devil.

'the system' (there are easily too many systems to count in this country) isn't designed to protect anyone. Richer people can own more and better things, no kidding.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Suprore the problem is that banks are not supposed to be just a business, they were supposed to be institutions and protect peoples money or that's what I was taught growing up. This is far from true today, but I guess I have a more romantic view or idealistic view of how the world should be. wink.gif At any rate I was just saying, I know they are just in there for the money and take advantage of the people that don't bother to learn about how money works and how bankers use it. If I was running a business I would not fuck over my customers hence why I'm not much of a a business man. smile.gif

AlexSuprore the problem is that banks are not supposed to be just a business, they were supposed to be institutions and protect peoples money or that's what I was taught growing up. This is far from true today, but I guess I have a more romantic view or idealistic view of how the world should be. wink.gif At any rate I was just saying, I know they are just in there for the money and take advantage of the people that don't bother to learn about how money works and how bankers use it. If I was running a business I would not fuck over my customers hence why I'm not much of a a business man. smile.gif

Alex