Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Screwjumper's Journey (possible image massacre)

Kovac
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Kovac polycounter lvl 18
I'm not sure how many of ya are active XBLA players but some of you might have heard of Screwjumper!, which got released a few weeks ago now. It's my second shipped title now for XBLA, and while it got exceptionally poor reviews (especially in visuals and controls) I gained a metric fuckton of knowledge from it.

Instead of typing up a novel about it I figured I'd show the various stages of Screwie's lifetime from first to final revision. Unfortunately I don't have the materials here at home for Screwie or the girl model but I'll probably post her up later in the week.

If you're interested in a quick read about the development and some of the growing pains of a team mostly completely new to the industry, check out my coworker's writeup on the game. http://pixelgraffiti.blogspot.com/

(quick note that I didn't do the first two characters' textures or the second set of arms on the second guy)

Anywho here's the stuff, I'd love to hear what you liked/hated throughout the various stages of development. There was a lot of confusion and shuffling to bring various feedback given to us to the table in a coherent execution as you'll see around character 4 :P)

Screwie
screwy.jpg

4 armed Screwie
4sum.jpg

Fleet Farm pants
skruii.jpg

That group
threeidiots.jpg

Gay Cuban (bearkub)
gaycuban.jpg

Skruii
baldie.jpg

Duo
cubanbaldie.jpg

A big ass thanks to Adam deGrandis for all his 3rd party help on these assets and thereafter.

Anndd a big ass thanks to PC because working such a sweet job from just absorbing as much information from here as I could is astounding! laugh.gif

Replies