Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female studies (Character Modelling)

Hiya fellers smile.gif

I am faily new to the whole character modelling. I shifted from environments to Character. Yay thats confused.gif

So out of all my characters, I noticed I never actually modelled any females frown.gif

Here are some studies of female modelling. The two are different for models.

females_character_studies.jpg

females_character_studies01.jpg

EDIt: And no, the references I am using are not nude laugh.giftongue.gif

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i wouldn't hit that with someone elses O_O
  • Xena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    for some reason, it looks like a transgender woman that I saw in Sf. Maybe make the face feature more delicate and smaller comparing to her hair?
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    I think you should use nude reference. It will help you understand the human form, since some clothing will throw you off. (In fact, most clothes are DESIGNED to throw off your perception of how the body looks, by emphasizing some things, hiding others, and leading the eyes.) Get nude reference, and if you insist on modelling on clothes, use proper smoothing groups or a separate mesh, so it doesnt end up looking like the diaper she's wearing now.

Right now your model looks like Andy from little britain. (the dude in the wheelchair.) I'm not trying to be mean here, i just call 'em as i see 'em. Mostly because the model has a bald spot on top and long hair, and puffy cheeks.

Your lack of understanding of facial anatomy is rather easy to spot, the corners of the mouth should be farther back, if you draw a straight line from the eyes and down on a profile photo, chances are you hit the corner of the mouth.
    It would be easier to help you if you also provided the references you're modelin this off of. The overall silhouette of the body is decent, there are just some adjustments that needs to be done.

Also, the edge loops in the face are sort of a mess, you could do well with cleaning those up a bunch. //edit: after closer ispection it looks like you modeled in the eyelash, and that made the eye area look more messy than it is. Dont do that until everything else is finished. Same with the hair, forget that until the underlying structure is done.