Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

asian goth girl

Replies

• fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    I know I'm nitpicking now, but I keep seeing this same mistake repeated: only the small part of belt buckle pin is visible when the belt is fastened, not half of it. When tightened, the belt will cover most of the pin, and just the tip will be visible. Look at these boots for example:
    Riot-20.jpg

Other than that, I think you still have a lot of work to do on the texture. Right now it looks a bit dull, almost as if you were to use this as a color map in a Color/Normal/Spec scenario. You could add some stronger highlights to metal parts and silky fabrics, as well as give the skin more loving. I agree with ppenguin that the Asian look isn't quite distinct now, but I think it might be because of the eye shade and makeup covered typical features of Asians around the eyes. To bring that back, maybe look at geisha, or Japanese prints for some clues. Also, the girl on your reference has smaller lips and rounder nose - maybe try adjusting that.

There's also something wrong with her boobies, they look kind of saggy, or too big. Let me try to do a paintover...
    Ok here:
    gothgirl.gif

Hope it helps. Keep it up!