• Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Looks great. Lighting seems bizarre, to me, but certainly pleasant.

Adding this, along with Uncharted and Mgs4, to my ps3 BUY YES list.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Very very pretty.
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    It's not the pre-rendered, but it's close. And regardless of the previous video, it looks very very nice.

Sony delivered.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    yep, that video looks like a nice AAA nextgenbullcrap game, all grey and bloomy...
    the good side of the thing being that it seems to look better than resistance...that or arsh's technique depicted in the e3 thread worked tongue.gif

I'll wait for more before giving my judgement.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    yep, that video looks like a nice AAA nextgenbullcrap game, all grey and bloomy...
    the good side of the thing being that it seems to look better than resistance...that or arsh's technique depicted in the e3 thread worked tongue.gif

I'll wait for more before giving my judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe to be fair though, the very first game had a very limited pallete to start with
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i've lost my taste for FPS over the years, the only one i'm really looking forward to now is Unreal 3... and i've never really liked fps on a console eiher =/
    keg wrote:
    talk of a single level using up 2gb's just doesn't seem efficient to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluray discs hold 25gb minimum... may as well use it right?
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i kinda think that this pallete works perfectly for killzone , it makes you more immersed in this dark world , it works.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Its on GT now, in HD also...

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1668.html

Looks really beautiful smile.gif. But why ride on the roof of the ship? Realistically you would fall the fuck off, I always drive my car while sitting on the roof confused.gif. Texture res on the roof of the ship is terrible also. But it does make a lot of games look shit, and Im glad there is an alternative to all games that are running on UE3, sometimes I feel like I'm looking at the same game in a different wrapper. Its pushed my expectations for this game up for sure.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    The trailer looks great. Obviously does not look like the prerendered thing from before, but they've certainly started to work toward that mark.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    ARSH WAS RIGHT!
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i hope this ever comes to xbox 360 , im realy tempted to buy ps3 now.
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Looks really beautiful smile.gif. But why ride on the roof of the ship?

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume for the same reason as a certain mercenary who lies in the shadows has a stupid fucking green light on his back. Or perhaps how his friend wears likes to a bandana
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    That bandana gives him infinite ammo.

Which is totally not the same reason, unless I'm missing something.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    That video looked awesome. I love the perspective of the weapon and how it looks on the screen... very cool.
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    Yay for the Qwek smile.gif

The video is good, I'd like to see more spec and maybe extra ambient on the characters to sync them with the environments a little better but certainly did not disappoint!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great! The animation work is pretty good. I can't help but notice the player movement seems really slow in some of the footage and fine in other parts. Maybe they haven't nailed it down yet? Maybe what looks like normal speed to me, is actually a burst sprint?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks awesome, i doubt we'll see anywhere near that resolution on the textures in the actual game, but still quite cool.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    A lot of blurry effects, blurry textures and strange lightning makes it very blurred wink.gif. I expected so much more! frown.gif
    But i have to admit that it looks very nice as a low res video.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
    Anyone notice haw dark the AO was on the characters necks, Jesus it was pitch black even when the light hit it! Aside from that anal nitpick the video did just what it need to do and I'm sure the Sony fan boys are off in a corner somewhere giving themselves high fives. I just wish they would push a bit more color in the game either through the lighting and or post process effects, COD4 does this nicely. I have to agree with the prior comments in saying that it's refreshing to see a non Unreal Engine powered game looking this good “I’m Bloomed Out”.

Marcus

Artist - Kaos Studios

PS: "Now bring on a Kick 20minute Metal Gear 4 trailer!"
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Ohh wow man the trailer is awesome ! Of course not as good as the cinematic but man a damn fine looking game for sure . Those real-time assets are top quality I would go as far as to say it looks as good as Gears !
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i take back what i said earlier. but i would like to note that the floor of that ship seems to have a blurry texture. otherwise, im amazed by the quality, and take back my laughs. but still, it was fun laughing at that first screen. compare it to the first screen of the Spielberg game.......
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    Yay! I worked on the body of the main guy and the big enemy boss. laugh.gif
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    i've lost my taste for FPS over the years, the only one i'm really looking forward to now is Unreal 3... and i've never really liked fps on a console eiher =/

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way. I was playing Resistance with a friend and while it's a good, albeit uninspiring FPS, it's just meh. I can't think of an FPS that I've played and liked with the exception of STALKER (which runs like shit on my machine but is awesome and much like Oblivion but in super dangerous russia) since maybe BF2.

On the other hand I love third person shooters.
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yay! I worked on the body of the main guy and the big enemy boss. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember hearing you were on this. Congrats.

PS. Is 3DCreature gone forever?
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Hahhaha. FUnny how at first everyone is bashing the game for that one picture..
    and now everyone's all like
    "Woah!"
    The game does look really good, despite the fire effects. And somehow, I just get pissed off when I see this anything related to killzone 2. I just feel i'm being lied to.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    since there is someone from guerilla reading here, a few things we were wondering about the other day in the office:

why does the strangest looking character - that dark haired psycho with the huge ears - get the most "facial time"? the guy with the iro from the opening shot or any other guy on that flying boat just seemed to fit so much better for closeups and facial animation. is that some famous character from the franchise?

what's up in general with the character head choices? noticeable in the orginal render trailer as well - many characters seem plain odd, not looking like what you'd expect from soldiers at all. in fact, some look like mean game designers.
    are you going wild with a 3d scanner in the company or something? wink.gif
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    sorry guys, I can't say anything more on kz2. NDA.

super- 3dcreature is going to be down for the time being, i do have plans for it in the future but just not now. been awfully busy.