Home Artists Looking For Work

Seeking Freelance Artists

Hello All,
I'm seeking freelance artists to create a roster of talent. I currently own a staffing firm and thinking of expanding our business into the game developer market. In short, I will be changing the firm into a business that finds work for freelance artists. I will do the door knocking and bidding for work that studios are willing to outsource. The main benefit would be that I could pay the artist as soon as their work is finished. The artist will not have to deal with the studios when it comes down to payments.
But before I can start searching for jobs. I need to develop a roster of talented freelance artists. If you are interested in this approach, please contact me.
I'm only interested in individuals w/ prior game development experience, and a full/impressive portfolio. I'm looking for 3d, texture, concept, and animation artists. Also, I'm currently only looking for artists located in the United States.
brad.gaffney@jehugames.com

Replies

• Pankake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pankake polycounter lvl 11
    May I ask why you're only looking for artists located in the US?
  • OnionVolcano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OnionVolcano polycounter lvl 9
    Post deleted by OnionVolcano
  • KingJehu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    May I ask why you're only looking for artists located in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Currently, my payroll system is not setup to pay internationally. Also, artists would be setup as a 1099 employee. in the US that means, you get paid a lumb some. but it's up to you (the artist) to pay your own taxes to the federal government.

My address is not dead, and I would appreciate if you edited and removed your post. I have an alternate address of brad_gaffney@hotmail.com I have no filters on my jehugames.com domain, so I don't know why your mail is being returned.
  • KingJehu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess I need to clarify a few things. I guess I'm not getting my info across properly.

1. I need US residents only. Reason being my company is not prepared to cut international checks. Once this new business plan is in place, and I have jobs rolling in. I could start using non-US residents. But for now, it's US only . Sorry.
    2. I am not a game developer or studio (I am working on my own little title, but that's not related to this :-)). I run a staffing firm. In short, I would approach studios and ask for any work they would like to outsource to freelance artists. They would provide the specs for the work. I would then create a quote based on time and nature of the work. If they accept, I would then pass the work to an artist. The artist finishes the work, and I pay the artist. The artist would not have to deal w/ any of the business side or problems. They just work, and collect $$.
    3. Please have real experience, preferably in the game dev market. If you worked on MODS that's ok too, but it had to been a top notch MOD.
    4. Don't email me about "a friend of yours". Pass the info to them. Let them contact me.

By the way, I have game dev experience. I'm not some suit trying to make a buck. My staffing firm has been in business for years, and I see a market for this type of service. So, I thought I would give it a try.