Home Full time/Part time work

Senior Animator needed at SOE

r13
founder
Offline / Send Message
r13 founder
I was asked to post this where folks that might be interested and qualified would see it... I think this counts wink.gif If you'd like to apply, you can contact me directly through these boards or you can apply at the official Sony Online website.

r13

==============================================

Company: Sony Online Entertainment, Austin
Job Title: Senior Animator - DC Comics Universe Online, Austin, TX
Description: The DC Comics Universe Online team is looking for a skilled senior animator to work with other team members to deliver the definitive online super-hero experience. As part of the development team, you will work closely with designers and programmers to animate super heroes, super villains, creatures and civilian characters in a massive virtual world. The ideal candidate has experience animating human, non-human, and mechanical characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential.

Requirements:

•5+ years experience in game development hand-animating characters using Maya
•Shipped at least one product with heavy 3D content as a lead/senior character artist with management responsibilities.
•Experience with Motion Builder
•Exceptional skill in hand-animating human figures.
•Strong sense of animation style.
•Self-driven, good communicator and a great team player.
•Organizational skills
•A passion for games.

Pluses:
•Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a sr. animator.
•2D animation skills and Storyboarding experience
•Skills in related character tasks (e.g. modeling or texturing)
•Experience working on or playing MMO games.
•Knowledge of DC comics universe.