Home General Discussion

HOLY PIRATE!

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    The worst thing you can say about a scientific theory is that it is so bad it isn't even wrong!

Well and that is precicly how I feel about religion.

Oh and yes "in before the lock" (please) smile.gif
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    I believe in myself and my experiences. If god appeared to me and said whats up I'd invite him to sit down and chat. No way am I going to dedicate my life and soul to some unseen thing in a book.

What if Christianity is just a tool for some evil deity's that collect the souls of believers to power there war machines.

I'll take my chances just doing my best to follow my heart and be cool to people.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, why are we even arguing about this? There is, as with most religious arguments, no evidence been shown for either side. Just nonsensical 'My theory is better than your god' 'Hey man, don't say that' and chest beating.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums it up. Sure, there are elements of fact in the bible that could be used by some to justify their beliefs. But spaghetti is an obvious edible fact as well, and it could be used to justify the flying Spaghetti monster. What all religions really come down to is faith. And faith is simply the belief in something for which there is no definitive and directly tangible proof. It's all a+faith=c, where faith may or may not be b.

I personally don't believe in god, but neither do I have the ego and knowledge to say that there is no god. I simply don't know and don't care. If Christians or any other sect want to say that I'm going to burn in hell for it, then so be it. I live a more moral life than most people, and if a deity is going to be so petty as to damn me for not kissing his ass and acknowledging his glory, then so be it. I'd rather hang out with Beelzebub than with an ego-tripper like that anyway.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    "edible fact" pun intended?
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    Best thread ever confused.gif
  • torncanvas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    torncanvas polycounter lvl 17
    Hey, I just wanted to make sure the debate is centered around the evidence instead of other things. If your beliefs are based on that, then I'm satisfied. smile.gif
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    this thread is now about cats

funny-pictures-this-cat-is-so-cute-br5.jpg
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Jeez, all this talk of evidence makes it sound like a high-profile court case. ;P

I do think the fsm is a creative, tongue-in-cheek way of saying, "keep religion out of schools", (something I agree with 110%), but its about as much a real religion as scientology...oh, wait.

btw, I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, but hearing anyone refer to themselves as a "sack of meat" makes me sad.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    this thread is now about cats

[/ QUOTE ]
    Bullshit. This thread is about pirates.

Pirate-Cat-Portrait.jpg
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    You know, people tried to say every major religion wasn't a real one when it was new.

You're just one of those guys now. Yeah, one of those.

You'll look so foolish in two thousand years. We'll all still not be monkeys and laugh at you. THROUGH MOUTHS!
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    haha... yes humans... tell yourselves fairy tales to explain the things you don't understand. Then progress a few thousand years, attain a real scientific understanding of those things, and kill eachother over it.

Good job humans. You win. You're all going to heaven. No rotting in the ground for you guys, no sir. You're special.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    They spelled my name wrong.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    so.............

do Pastinians, or Pastinites, or whatever the fuck they're called.... eat pasta? If they do, do they use a spoon, or do they cut it? can they throw pasta at one another without it being sacreligious? Furthermore, are they limited to angel hair pasta or can they eat the awesome-swirrly kind too?

i think i missed the who spaghetti monster boat (mmm delicious spaghetti boat), and pardon if im just being dense... but is it all a ploy to prove the US Constitution, and this country as a whole does not follow its laws?

i dont give a shit up or down about who is what and what you believe, but its the process of how people treat you for how you believe is what this seems its about.

and im too lazy to wikiwhateverepdiafy it.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I have come to the conclution that reading threads like this is much more fun than responding in them.

So continue! It makes me smile when i can see steam coming off the letters in some of the posts.

Moose, i heard that if you cant eat any kind of pasta in that religion.

I should make a gremlins religion, where you cant eat or drink after midnight. Sadly this would also mean that you cant get into water either... my religion sounds like its going to be very well disliked...
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    so.............

do Pastinians, or Pastinites, or whatever the fuck they're called.... eat pasta?

[/ QUOTE ]

They pretty much do whatever they want, since all it's just a mock religion to try and make atheists look smart and they lack the conviction to actually follow any limiting rules. laugh.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    you sayin atheists are stupid suprore???
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    you sayin atheists are stupid suprore???

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but the idea is to look a base level of 'smart' whether you are or aren't.
  • LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    haha well said
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    i wonder how the flying spaghetti monsters tastes ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Divine.
  • gavku