Home Technical Talk

Mudbox, random questions thread.

Replies

• Robbiek1000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yo guys, i'm looking for some good demos, tutorials, website that would help me learn the Mudbox's interface and its functionality easily. When I was using the beta i found a bunch of Video Demos, i'm not sure if i'm having a codec issue or what, but I cant seem to get the sound to work for them...so if you know what demos i'm talking about and know a quick fix fill me in.
  • Vredesbyrd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes I have same problem here , not getting the right results when baking in mudbox.
    I would prefer generating normals the old fashioned way , low-res - high-res -render-to-texture (MAX) , But Mudbox can save alot of time and pain when u are faced with 2 million polygon meshes.
    Cutting it up in chunks is something is something I do NOT prefer doing seams on normals are hard to fix and can reduce the overal quality on the final product.
  • Vredesbyrd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The only real issue I have with Mudbox is when I work on certain models, and after a while it starts to behave strangely, as shown in the image below:

issueql0.th.jpg

It masks out everything but the cursor and the trail when I sculpt with my tablet, and as I lift the brush (or sometimes I have to rotate the camera), the rest of the model reappears. Seems to happen mostly when the tool is very small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had that same problem , the way to fix this is configuring your Field of view (POV) number around 10 will do for close up sculpting like eye-lids.
    windows - properties - camera.