Home General Discussion

2008 scion xB... oh mama

Replies

• KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Erm, the xB's were in production before the Mini and they've had the offset panel the entire time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that? The BMW-made Minis started coming out in 2001... Scion didn't even exist as a brand until 2003.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I thought the Mini's didn't come around until 2003 as well.
    D'oh...
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    All you need is the matching metallic orange handbag to go with your fashionable wheels :P
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    All you need is the matching metallic orange handbag to go with your fashionable heels :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed smile.gif
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    I guess the beef i have with this particular offset cluster is that it's a style over function, the dials are smaller than usual and seem to have diminished practical value in a car that isnt exactly that small to warrant it.

In a mini, for instance it's much of a functional issue as a stylistic issue and there's no question that car reeks of strong character and style. So that's why to me, the Scion's interpretation seems very much like an afterthought. They even have the panel where the cluster would normally go...

Is the launch model including those quad pipes and those boyracer rims ?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Erm, the dials don' look any smaller than they would in any other car. Keep in mind xB's aren't nearly as large as SUV's but are a bit larger than a typical car. Also the xB's have had the off-set dials since their initial design - if it were merely an after though it probably would have been remedied by now.

Also - the "shit plastic" used on the dash board is different than the plastic used in all other vehicles how? Other than its colour and the fact thats its not leather how can you look at it and get a quality difference? It's orange - thats the difference?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    the Toyota bB, what the xB is called in Japan, has been in production since 2000.
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    The plastic looks noticeably flimsy. More so than the average car, except maybe for a Saturn (anything). I know I know, what else are they going to use? Well.. At least TRY not to make it look like a toy you'd get in a happy meal.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I personally like how small light cars handle. I considered the idea of buying an Xa at one point since Toyotas are fairly reliable. Now I think I would get a Honda Fit.

I don't really think buying an econobox is about a lifestyle choice. It is more about buying the amount of car you need. Having it match your iPod is a bonus, I guess, if you own an iPod.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Also - the "shit plastic" used on the dash board is different than the plastic used in all other vehicles how? Other than its colour and the fact thats its not leather how can you look at it and get a quality difference? It's orange - thats the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG they talk about the DASH not the orange inserts, dash being the black shiny yucky plastic. On decent cars it doesnt have that cheesy shine and it usually has a pattern of sorts.