Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Dominance War II - Sectaurs

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I have to agree with Rhinokey on this one. Very little to nothing in common with Sectaurs' concept.

-caseyjones
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    wasn't that model done by sectaurs anyways ?

wether or not, comradej, you're definitely on crack

I LOVE the last concept sectaurs, cool stuff laugh.gif
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    comrad, i think you are mostly 100% insane secs concept and that model have little to nothing in common besides having the same ammount of legs and arms... whoops NOT EVEN THAT MUCH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little to nothing? The colour scheme, the black lines near the eyes.
    At any rate, I just thought it interesting to see how a (to me, at least) similar concept looked between Sectaurs 2k4 (the model was his, mind you) and Sectaurs 2k7.

No harm, insult or accusations intended, and if it came over as that, I wholeheartedly apologize : )
  • Dread_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dread_Reaper polygon
    My my my.... that creature is very well endowed.

*Obligatory laughter at cheesy joke*

But seriously, it seems kind of out of place. Same with the legs. I mean, you're working with a vastly different set of shapes in this piece. The main body and arms seem wirely and muscled, but the legs seem frail, and the tail seems immense compared to the rest of him. Your I would suggest either going with one of those shapes (and I would recommend the wirey and muscled approach).

-Dread_Reaper
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Well, she's come a long way from the first ideas I threw down, but the progression was fun. I might add a few bits and bobs for accessories, but I'm pretty satisfied with how it looks now. Next up will be the weapon, and then on to modeling!

DomII_07.jpg

Comrade - I'm impressed you dug that up. I think that was the first challenge I participated in. It embarrasses me to look at it now crazy.gif
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Nice! Looking forward to what will probably be an equally awesome weapon, no pressure smile.gif
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    and dont forget to add hands at some point tongue.gif
    actually looking at it I think it would be kinda cool if another forearm came off the joint with really delicate hands at the end..
  • struve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    struve polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work!

She needs boobs, give her a 6 pack of boobies, J/K grin.gif
  • Dread_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dread_Reaper polygon
    If you do have armor, I would actually think that some metallic armor would go nicely on her. Although she looks very organic, she has alot of sharp angles in her face. I am picturing something lithe and graceful mind you, with lots of pointy bits. And black. Lots of black.

-Dread_Reaper

P.S. And I might be alone in thinking this, but the skirt seems to distract from her menacing appearence. I think it destracts from an otherwise amazing concept.

P.S.S. I will however miss your first concept. Fare the well, orifice bird.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    much more impressed with this direction, sectaurs. lot of character, a lot of spookiness if you play it right, and i think you will... so keep crankin' buddy smile.gif
  • richkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richkid polycounter lvl 13
    its got this twisted andrew jones feel to it, sweet.
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    Very nice, it's very atypical of game-art.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, the new one is awesome. Very Silence of the Lambs,haha!