Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pool hall.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
chinups polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys, i have been on the site for a while now and have never really posted anything, so i thought i would show some of my stuff, and get to know some people, here is a pool hall i have done.
polycount2.jpg
polycount1.jpg

Replies

• animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    it's cool! but since I was at a pool hall just a few days ago, here are some things that spring to mind.
    the felt on the table is too clean. Scuff it up like people have actually played on it. throw some balls on the table scattered about. Put some chalk cubes on the side of the table. I guess what im trying to say is, make the environment feel lived in. This looks like a pool hall that just opened up and has never been used.

I would say "dirty it up" but that doesnt really mean make it really dirty. But even the cleanest places still have some wear.

other than that, it looks good from what you have shown. But you could certainly take it to the next level and that would only benefit you really, so do it!
  • chinups
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chinups polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for the input dood, I wanted to make the pool hall feel like it was closed for the night and thats the reason for no balls and glass and etc. The refrence i used was of a classy pool hall, so it was somewhat clean, but yes i agree i should have chalk and more scuffed felt. Thabks again : )
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    I enjoy the lighting, gives off a good mood. Texture work seems great, but it's hard to judge the geometry without a wire shot. As for the grimeyness, there are pool-halls that actually look this clean...

(<3 the Dark Side of the Moon poster.)
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    hrm i am really liking this piece, it has nice subtlety to it. But to echo other's comments it does need a bit of that subtle "human" effect.

Wear and tear and subtle imperfections would really sell it well
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Cool mood, I'm chillouting only looking at it laugh.gif
    Some volumetric should help.