Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ninja Gunfist Wip

BigL
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
BigL polycounter lvl 18
ninjafists.PNG

**Note the tri count is for both models in the pic, plus a cube - ACTUAL TRI COUNT 2288**

Got the idea from one of the He-man comics where someone's fist turned into a gun, and I thought it looked pretty cool.

I'm liking the way the mesh is going, and i think there's nothing more to add, but any crits? The planes on the end of his gun is for an alpha. Made in Maya.

To my surprise, when I applied a smooth modifier, the smoothed version looked quite good, with only a few kinks and such.

Replies

• Fjornsvavne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fjornsvavne polycounter lvl 17
    May I suggest lengthen his upper bit of arm there? It feels quite short, as he has no real elbow it seems. Unless his gun cuts his biceps and takes care of bending. wink.gif
    I'm not sure of what it'd be, but to add something interesting along the torso and lower body would lift the model. Especially at that polycount. Does his suit wear any extruded armorpieces and such?

Then go ahead with uv-laying so we can see some textures on that thing! laugh.gif
  • BigL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BigL polycounter lvl 18
    hey, thanks for the crit, i will lengthen the arm slightley. As for the armour, i was going for a batman like skin suit, and am currently messing in mudboz to achieve just that.

I might add something like a cape and turn him into a super heroe
    ;e

el.