Home General Discussion

ps3 graphics VS Xbox360 ( no flamewars )

Replies

• malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Oh snap Glen Entis! I looked at those carban shots and the only difference I can see is the gamma curve and what looks like depth fog. The ps3's gamma curve is different than the 360 so the brightness contrast differs between the two if you don't fix it. Here are some known facts that are kind of made up.

1. the ps3 is harder to develop on so you get better games on 360 until programmers get used to its fucked up archeticture.

2. the ps3 usually runs slower than the 360 so if anything the models are lower res on the ps3 not the 360 I think this has something to do with fill rate or some such jargon.

3. the texture ram between the two consoles is pretty much the same and the graphics cards match up pretty close again in the favour of the 360.

4. gears of war runs at 15fps while in the cinematic moments and the subsurface on Baird's noise is fucked up but it still got a 94 metacritic rating, even without shadows.

5. to my knowledge no one is running a locked 60fps on the ps3 except for maybe some shit games that don't have any next gen art.

6. the ps3 does not have a rumble pak so metal gear is going to be a smooth ride.