Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Black Mesa is hiring

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
cman2k polycounter lvl 17
Black Mesa is a half-life 2 mod, recreating the original half-life on the source engine.
We just recently launched our new website at http://blackmesasource.com , and had a huge media release to accompany it.

We are always on the look out for talented individuals, especially if you love half-life as much as we do. Here are some of our open positions we are especially looking to fill;

interested in one of these jobs? contact us at jobs@blackmesasource.com

Character Artists:
Charater Artists will create human and alien themed characters. Must be able to construct a high poly model in ZBrush or similar tool, then generate a normal map and bake onto a low-poly mesh. Must be able to texture the character as well. Those applying must show past examples of work, previous game modification experience is preferable.

Experience in ZBrush or similar high poly modelling program required. Ability to texture a requirement. Must be able to listen, input and react accordingly on constructive criticism regarding their work.

Environment Texture Artists:
Environment Texture Artists work with our level designers to create seamless world textures for levels.

Those applying must show past examples of work, previous game modification experience is preferable. Must be able to create seamless high resolution textures. Must be able to listen, input and react accordingly on constructive criticism regarding their work.

Prop Texture Artists:
Texture Artists work closely with our modelers to create realistic, efficient textures for all of our environment objects.

Those applying must show past examples of work, previous game modification experience is preferable. Must be able to listen, input and react accordingly on constructive criticism regarding their work.

ah yes, and here's some media to show you we mean business. plenty more to see at http://blackmesasource.com

gargantua_beauty.jpgzombie_beauty.jpgbullsquid_beauty.jpg
blastpit_002.jpgc3a2_mediarelease_001.jpgc2a4_mediarelease_003.jpg
M4_beauty.jpgcrossbow_beauty.jpgMP5_beauty.jpg
humvee_beauty.jpgM1075_beauty.jpgloader_grey.jpg

contact us at jobs@blackmesasource.com

Replies

• morrowindsky81993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    morrowindsky81993 polycounter lvl 17
    umm, half-life has a Source version out. save some energy and just work on models and textures.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Didn't the Black mesa source team make it clear they weren't satisfied with hl: s something like two years ago? Why would you ever think they would need the only 13 yearold who listens to bjork, pink floyd, and emerson lake and palmer while playing midnight club3 to tell them it came out? More importantly, why would you think they would ever care?
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    that's the first time i've seen anyone react to a sig like it was written as part of the post blush.gif
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    that's the first time i've seen anyone react to a sig like it was written as part of the post blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    he made his sig after suprore's reply i think, i could be wrong though.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's had the sig for ages. laugh.gif
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's had the sig for ages. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    oh really, in that case i agree with snowfly grin.gif
  • moonpossum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there Carlos! I'd love to help you out with the prop or environmental textures. What do I need to send you to apply?

R. Hartman
    Vertex ninja forever ;p
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    Environment Texture Artists:
    Environment Texture Artists work with our level designers to create seamless world textures for levels.

Those applying must show past examples of work, previous game modification experience is preferable. Must be able to create seamless high resolution textures. Must be able to listen, input and react accordingly on constructive criticism regarding their work.

Prop Texture Artists:
    Texture Artists work closely with our modelers to create realistic, efficient textures for all of our environment objects.

Those applying must show past examples of work, previous game modification experience is preferable. Must be able to listen, input and react accordingly on constructive criticism regarding their work.

contact us at jobs@blackmesasource.com

[/ QUOTE ]
    heh.

and yes, vertex ninja's ftw :]

Figured I'd pop on in and say the project is looking phenomenal, you guys have put a great deal of work into this, and it's paying off. I'm very happy for you. :]