Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Prisoner WIP, crits welcome!

Ok I'm working on a prisoner body base. The engine tracks a head model so that is why he is headless, I'll make various heads after the body base is done. I haven't touched the arms yet, aside from texture bake, and it is rendered full bright so all you see is the texture work I've done, no max lighting is on. It's for the AMP 1 engine, which is technically about like Quake 3 if I am not mistaken, bsp, shademaps, vertex lighting on models and just a diffuse skin. There will be large #'s of these guys on screen, it's for an arcade like prison game where you are a prison guard shooting escaping convicts, so I've kept it fairly low in polygons, it's 1490 triangles. Let me know how it's looking and any constructive crits are more than welcome.

prisoner_wip05.jpg

Replies

• gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    You might want to make some of those creases more subtle. Especially around his waist, and the ones crossing over his thighs.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Joel, glad to see you signed back up.

A few things that might help feedback: a wireframe shot of the model, perspective shot, texture flats (especially to show UV layout)

The edge on the outside of the pants, right at crotch level seems to stick out a bit pointy, and the shirt seems tight just below the ribs.

I was also thinking of how you could do different races with just the heads by giving them long sleeves, gloves, and putting the neck section in with the head. You may also consider modeling up the collar in 3d. It wouldn't add many triangles, and really help the neck transition.
  • Joel Huenink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys. Chris I think I got everything you wanted here, and some minor updates.

prisoner_wireframe.jpg

prisoner_wire.jpg

prisoner_perspective.jpg

prisoner_diffuse.jpg
  • Joel Huenink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the latest, It's pretty much done until I get some solid crits.

prisoner_wip07.jpg

prisoner_wip08.jpg

convict01_body.jpg