Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Christmas Objects

Please forgive me if this is the wrong area to post.

First off: I'm new to 3D completely. I've been programming for years but never touched this area before. As a bit of a jump in at the deep end, I'm creating a 3D Christmas card for my girlfriend's little sister.

I've handled the skybox, engine, etc... BUT I've hit a dead-end when it comes to the objects themselves.

I want a christmassy scene - specifically, a christmas tree and a snow-covered cottage/log cabin / ??? something to that effect.

I'm looking for a relatively low polygon count as the PC running this is not going to be top end (and I'm not sure how optimised my code is yet...)

I have no idea what the usual price for these would be but having googled for 2 days and found nothing much but banner adds, I'm running out of ideas.

If anyone has any suggestions for where to find the objects I would like, OR if anyone would like to give me an offer for the models, please reply!

I do have to warn you that I'm not willing to pay a lot of cash for this. It's a pet project not a commercial one.

if it helps @ all, I have Maya 8 (but not, of course, the skill to do something like this with it) and bryce (which as far as I can tell was a waste of cash)

Thank you all in advance

Replies