Home General Discussion

The Official "Flaagan's Taking A Road Trip" Thread

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Leaving Canada sometime in the next 12 hours or so..
    Had a really good time this evening going to the 'Artery' meetup. Sucks that Deathkitten or Brome couldn't make it, but oh well, had a GREAT time anyways (and instructed some of the members to harrass you two next time they see you). Funny how a few good events can change my attitude towards an area.

I'm going to make a point of traveling up to this area again; if I don't end up working in seattle or somewhere up here, I'm definitely gonna do another roadtrip sometime down the road.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Glad ya had some good times here Flaagan, was certainly a good time to meet you, and Draw Jam was certainly a blast tonight. Look forward to your next visit. laugh.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mileage: 1683.7

So long Canada, it's been fun while it lasted! Time to head on back to my country! cool.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chillin' in Seattle.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mileage: 1823.2

Time to hit the road for the second to last leg of this little escapade. Still haven't decided whether I want to take the coastal 101 or inland on 5... 11+ hours of driving vs 8+ hours. "The view" isn't so much a concern as "how damn tired I am when I get to Arcata". laugh.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mileage: 2467.3

Leaving Humboldt State Uni for the final leg of the trip.

In the words of the great Dr. Frank-N-Furter.... I'm going home!
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Nice to have met you in person man. Hurry on back real soon naw, ya'hear?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello from Silicon Valley, bitches! smile.gif

Final Mileage: 2792.3

Ahhhh... home sweet home.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Hey dude, congrats on making the rounds. It's unfortunate I was as unavailable as I was while you were up here. Damn shame if you ask me.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It was indeed awesome meeting all of you in person, and I really hope to do so again some time in the future. Having relatives in both areas that were just as glad to have me around made the trip even more enjoyable. I could go on and on about this, but I'll simply say if you'd like to chat or reminisce, drop me a line. Most of you already have one of my IM nicknames, and if not, message me on here and I'll pass it along.

Oh, and that 'thing that happened to me at the USA / Canada border'? I got pulled aside and had my car drug searched (sniffing dog and all)... I guess looking like I do, driving from California, and driving a car "that belongs to my dad" that is a nice big Cadillac... makes me a drug smuggler! laugh.gif