GuranGa polycounter lvl 18
I'v got a very weird problem in max, I'v uvw mapped a thrashcan
and every thing looks ok

Replies

• Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    It looks fine to me, but I'm not sure what your question is. Is it max or Half Life based?
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    Max 8.0 had an issue where only selected faces of an element in the uvw editor would appear unwrapped properly in the viewport. Service Pack 3 got rid of this problem for me. It might be what you are experiencing.

To test this theory, change your viewport configuration to have "Shade Selected Faces" unchecked, then go into the uvw editor and select some faces just like you have in your screenshot. If those selected faces appear unwrapped properly in the viewport, but the rest in the element do not, then you have the problem I'm talking about.
  • GuranGa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont think that will work because I never had this problem long, but yes the texture looks good when selected.

But I dont understand why my texture move some inch to the right and when I save the model to a .smd file (hl2 file) and then compile it to a .mdl (model file) file my texure is miss placed.
    Then when I imported the .smd to see what was wrong with the UV map and this came out...

uvwimportaa4.th.jpg

PS fixed the uv with the imported smd file and compiled it again to the .mdl file and the uv map stayed in his place....BUT I don't think this will work this way if I have to do this with every model I make.

-Guranga
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    Guranga, it's a bug in Max 8.0. Update your Max installation with Service Pack 3 and it will be fixed permanently.
  • GuranGa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stupid of me I was thinking of SP for Windows never look at the site of autodesk untill now,
    thank you I think its fixed feels much better now... thanks !

-Guranga