Home General Discussion

GAUSSWORLD 06-07: oh hey, Flickr photos!

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    yo gauss, i am moving to spain soon , Madrid frown.gif if you stop by europe let me know ill try to dig a weekend to go to Lsbon ahah smile.gif
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    cool gauss, i emailed you a while back, but i dont know if you got it.

if you want to see how our concrete cows here in milton keynes look, drop me a line: mentalmanofthefuture@gmail.com
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Might be an idea to have a sticky thread where countries are listed and members can be put in lists for each one. Might make it easier to plan stalking/harrassment/robbery/arson on members when visitting another country.

smile.gif

If you come to the UK through Birmingham International Airport, I can give you a lift if you like. Can get trains from Birmingham to most places (London isn't too far, 'not far enough' as some would say). I must warn you though, I am exceptionally boring hehe.
  • milla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    Gauss is in my hauss!

He sat on my cat.

He also smells funny.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    He also smells funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

We warned you...
  • milla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    We warned you...

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't! If you had I might have pretended I wasn't home...

Saw the lad off yesterday at the train station. He finally got some good weather (it's been utterly horrid since he arrived), but it crapped out this morning, so I hope he put off his crossing of the strait until it came right again this afternoon. He's got the best parts of NZ in front of him now he's in the South Island though. It's gorgeous smile.gif
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So give us the details! Did you get him drunk and seduce him? I know i would have.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    any news when the gauss is coming to Japan?

I'll have to find some dolphin, whale and raw horse for him to eat...
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lololo. i ate shark once. and it felt good.
  • milla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    No idea Hawken. I know he's booked to fly out of NZ this coming Wednesday, to Australia, but though he told me how long he thought he'd spend there I can't remember how long that was.

EQ: No, but he was getting funky with the cats at one stage....aside from sitting on one of them.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    man i WISH i would have made it anywhere with your cats, but they were just having none of it. for those that don't know, milla's got a pair of those fancy-schmancy cats that can smell a low-bred American a mile away. how they put up with you kiwis is a mystery laugh.gif

Hawken: as Milla mentioned, I'm coming to Australia on the 25th of October, and will likely stay about a month in the country. So for right now, expect an early/mid December timeframe for my arrival into Tokyo, like the 8th or 9th or something. Don't worry, I'll give you fair warning once I've got a better idea. and now I'm away--blast these coin-operated internet kiosks!
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    alright, sorry for not keeping people updated... except i'm not sorry at all! here are just a few pictures.

foxglacier.jpg
    your man gauss standing on Fox Glacier in NZ. NZ is a ridiculously good looking country. It's the pair of islands that make all the other islands feel self conscious and start counting calories, maybe jumpstart a few nature reserves of their own.

arabian1.jpg
    It was kinda close to Halloween in Sydney... so I guess the locals I was staying with decided an Arabian Nights-themed pub crawl was in order? Yeah, I don't get it either. But I went along, it was good fun (before most everyone was tanked, anyhow). Apparently they had done pirate-themed crawls in the past, but pirates are way too hip these days, so they had to switch things up.

arabian2.jpg
    I liked that fez.

edit: FINALLY leaving Sydney today.. I'll be heading to Canberra and then I think Melbourne, so heads up to the pcounters I know are there!
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Love the look of the glacier ice there. So nice, I must make it!!!
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i see my last update was a big hit laugh.gif

putting the call out to all the MELBOURNE-area polycounters. i'm in the city center now and would like to coordinate something in the next day or two... possibly a little sketching at the NGV followed by some time at a pub? send me an email at driftingjack at gmail dot com. Jackablade, Smirnoff, i'm looking at you dopes smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Everyone was rendered speechless by Gauss in a Fez!!!

poop.gif
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Smirnoffka polycounter lvl 17
    Right, email sent. Hopefully will see you tommorow!
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    that glacier pic reminds me of the beginning of Batman Begins. looks like you are having quite the gay time, lover smile.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    well i had a great ol' time hanging out with Smirnoffka--still trying to meet up with Jackablade and Cokane here in Melbourne. once i get the chance, i'll upload the pic of Smir and i. and since i forgot earlier, me and milla too smile.gif

poop: it is a good look, isn't it?

3dguy: "he made me feel uncomfortable" ... or is that uncomfortably aroused?
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe, me and my shitty shitty sketches. At least I bought you lunch wink.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    DUDDE! LIKE DDUUUDE! Don't leave Melbourne before I get to hang with the all mighty gauss! I'll e-mail you to see if we can sort some stuff out.

-caseyjones
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    You best be coming to Adelaide... wink.gif
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    ahhahaha, cool photos, especially arabian2=))))
  • milla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    You're going to have to do a gallery, dude. You've been to parts of NZ recently that I haven't seen for more than 25 years, and lets face it, Australia is always cool, let alone the rest...
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    You're going to have to do a gallery, dude. You've been to parts of NZ recently that I haven't seen for more than 25 years, and lets face it, Australia is always cool, let alone the rest...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! and I want to see pictures of me! GOD I'm a handsome devil.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    You'd better come round tomorrow and get photographic evidence of Conor's bad moustache too.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meeting gauss for the win! He's a good dude.
    He wears polycount t-shirts so he's easy to spot in amongst all the emo kids at Flinders Street stairs.
    Good luck with the rest of your trip dude and you're welcome back any time and I'll let you know that you have a place to stay earlier next time confused.gif

-caseyjones
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hope he washes that T Shirt. Yeah, he is a good bloke, I second that. Really smart. He started explaining trying to teach me the theory of relitivity, and then, seeing the blank look on my face, said "WHY?! WE WERE HAPPY WITH NEWTON." Oh, and women, he is single.

*EDIT* Which brings something else to my attention. Casey, you and I need to get drunk together sometime.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hahaha... Sounds like a plan. Though only one flaw in that plan of yours. I don't actually drink laugh.gif
    I'm sure I can consume obscene amounts of caffeinated beverages and almost have the same effect of being drunk. Then we can do some random sketching to see what kind of bizzare creations we come up with.

-caseyjones
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i do such a poor job of updating this thread...

milla: rest assured a gallery will be made, even a special one of me with all the polycounters i've encountered. smile.gif

Smirnoffka and Casey: it was excellent to meet you both, glad you could take the time out to meet up. upstanding polycounters one and all, official seal of approval from me.

Jackablade: i've got you and me (to commemorate my first GoW session, no less) but that weasel-moustache'd Conor ran out before I could think to take a picture! First polycounter to dodge the camera! his loss. smile.gif

oh, and i'm typing this from a kiosk in the Changi International airport in Singapore... soon to meet up with superstar Singapore pcounters, LoTekk and Snowfly.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    "superstar". Ha! laugh.gif Great meeting you, man, and it was definitely fun to geek out and get all nostalgic about old games. laugh.gif Must do some drunk sketching/modelling one of these days!

Btw, I'm not entirely sure if he actually washes the aforementioned PC tshirt, because he was wearing it when I met him. laugh.gif
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    He's off to Japan! Here's us at tonight's sketch session in Singapore.

DSC02204_resize.jpg
    Snowfly (no hair), LoTekk (cool hair), gauss (legs)
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    What a guy! He sings, he dances, hell, he even draws a little. Glad you enjoyed the AGDS, man. RAGNAAAAAAAAAAR!!! laugh.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    a very merry Christmas to Rogue13, Bearkub, and everyone else at polycount (particularly the foolish ones who have let me stay at their place on this trip!)
    photoem8.jpg
    this is me with a somewhat distant cousin (no, seriously) on the back left, in a photobooth in Akita, Japan. That's right, hanging out with 16 year old Japanese kids at the gamecenter as they try to cheat the crane games and play Time Crisis. It's been a zany trip.

Big thanks to Lotekk and Snowfly for both hosting me and posting sexy pictures of my legs in Singapore, and now to Hawken, my host with the most in Tokyo. One of these days I'll upload the other pictures I've taken with polycounters along the way.
    Merry Christmas!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    this strange geezer stayed in my house, hes the one in the middle of that photo
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    though nobody cares about this thread anymore unless I actually visit that person's house... here are the photos from the first few months of my trip. Some really nice views of NZ... you'll have to wait a while for the Japan stuff, though, until I either upgrade my account or next month.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30065897@N00/
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awww... Poor gauss. Come Dom War time, you'll be the most popular man in the universe. No Melbourne pics?

-caseyjones
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    you have nooo idear.. i´m wating for every new location/pictures smile.gif

haaaaarhaaaar.. i will see you fighting with sharks and riding crocodiles ans such stuff smile.gif
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah man, where the hell are the melbourne pics? I want the whole of polycount to know how damn handsome I am.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Those are ibis, not egrets.

I'm with the rest of these Aussie goons. Bring on the local photos, Gauss.
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEY!, WHO YOU CALLING A GOON?!

Oh, Me. Right.

Carry on then.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Dude gauss who is the chick in this picture? She seems... happy to see you... smile.gif
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/353468311_da621e15e8.jpg?v=0
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    apologies one and all to the great and venerable aussie pcounters!
    i hit the upload limit on my flicker account before I got to the Melbourne pics. since i can't install software on the machine i'm using (like flickr's handy resizer/uploader app), you'll just have to wait. though maybe when i'm in singapore i'll use someone's machine to upload to a different account or something, who knows.

casey: actually, i think i'll end up further forgotten come domwar '07 time, since i don't think i'll have access to even a scanner in february, much less a comp+wacom like last year. frown.gif

Jackablade: riiight. birds, schmirds! i'll correct my error, though smile.gif

TGZ: wouldn't you like to know? laugh.gif