Home General Discussion

Green with envy

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    How are you coming along with learning Solid Works? I had a copy of it once, and I couldn't get comfortable with it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    btw, I was at a Cruise Night the other week, and tried out Google+'s automatic GIF generator:

DSC01385-MOTION.gif

DSC01362-MOTION.gif

DSC01353-MOTION.gif

DSC01371-MOTION.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    notman wrote: »
    How are you coming along with learning Solid Works? I had a copy of it once, and I couldn't get comfortable with it.

I've yet to take the classes. Probably won't be for another month with how buried I am at work. :poly142:
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yah, shot of the Barracuda at this year's Mopar Alley Rally last month.

moparalleyrally2013.jpg

Once I'm a bit more recovered from a recent surgery I'll be doing more with the car. :)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sup strangers!

A very cool update on the Barracuda... it's going to be written about in a magazine!

I was contacted a short while back by a UK publication (MOG Magazine) about my MogRod project, and chatting with the editor about our cars led to discussing the Barracuda and how they'd like to write about it in their sister publication American Car Magazine.

Well, after sending a bunch of images and answering a bunch of questions, I got sent a pdf proof for the article, which will be out in the magazine on the 24th!

http://mogrod.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/gallery23.pdf
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, and on a unrelated note, my supercharged Corvette got totaled last month courtesy of a red light runner. I'm fine, but the car's gone. My insurance, State Farm, has treated me beyond my expectations. I got back pretty much what I paid for the car, plus I got to keep (to sell off) all the goodies I put on it... so now I'm setting up to order a 2014 Stingray.

The current plan is to do a Museum Delivery in the May/June timeframe, so you'll likely be hearing from me in the coming months asking if PC'ers across the US are up for meeting up on my return drive home.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    flaagan wrote: »
    so now I'm setting up to order a 2014 Stingray.

That looks like a fun car :) Congrats on the write-up. That is pretty sweet!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad to hear you've decided to grab the 2014 Stingray. That's a sweet ride.