Home General Discussion

First 24 minutes of A Scanner Darkly

Someone posted this on irc or something last night, a nice teaser for those of us that arent in a city it was actually released.

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/670/670907/vids_1.html

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    sexay

I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight smile.gif
  • warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    that defnitly made me wanna watch the whole movie

but i really dont digg the rotoscoping style i never liked that its looking to real to be handrawn the illusion is just not there yet theres lots of human error in the cel shading but like none in anythign else give me sutiod gibli aniamtions over this anyday or even live action ^^
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    That was an interesting watch, my favorite character is definitely Rory Cochrane's paranoid tweaker character.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm... I still don't like the style, but it seems interesting enough to warrent me wanting to see the rest.

Thanks for the link. smile.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I enjoyed it immensely. Now I have to go see the rest of it.
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    Tomorrow I will definitely finish it...I recommend Waking Life for people who at least like the style...Waking Life is more Philosophical, so just a warning for people who don't like that.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Yeah waking life is definately an awesome mind trip, definately recommend that to anyone who is able to stand the very lose rotoscoping, i know some people have complained that the visual style makes them sick watching it too long.
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    Looks fun. Pity you can't download it.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Just got back from the movie and I enjoyed it immensely. Superb acting all around and of course visually very stimulating. I can't pretend I completely understood the plot all the way through, but that wasn't necessarily to its detriment. Pretty funny in parts too. Well worth a watch.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I agree. It was a great film. Only one theatre in town was playing it. The one that normally plays independent films and documentaries.

I can't imagine how they acheived that style of animation for the whole film. I would pick small peices of the scene, and watch them move. But it all seemed to flow very well. I could watch the scene is if it were real.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    I was a bit disapointed. I had been very excited to see this movie for a long time and it just didnt do a whole lot for me, it was interesting, had some really good parts and the visual style was of course fantastic but the story just seemed sort of flat. Nothing really every happens and then it seems like just as something is about to happen it ends.

So, entertaining but disapointing. Maybe i had my expectations too high for this movie, definatly nowhere near as engaging as waking life.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    i dunno,I closed it after 30mins, I didnt understand shit first, and i dunno that style was interesting, but sometimes I couldnt get who was what and shit.. Maybne Ill give it another try tho, !!